Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Saturday morning

It's Saturday morning. 8:30 am. I'm currently sitting in my bed, with my Frozen pajamas on, listening to both the Wicked soundtrack and Anthem Lights, while eating the rest of my Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I'm kind of feeling like a failure as a human being. :D

The past two months have been kind of up and down. The one majorly awesome thing is that in just over two weeks I'm going to see my BEST FRIEND EVER!!! I'm flying to Oklahoma to go see Mikala, and I'm so excited about it. I haven't seen her in about 5 years. My plane ticket is bought, my money is saved, and today I'm going to start making a list of stuff to bring with me. I don't remember the last time I was this excited about something!!! I'll leave Monday, the 16th, and come back Tuesday the 24th. We're planning to do SO much stuff while I'm there. Laser tag, a photoshoot, a nice dinner just the two of us, bowling, maybe making a music video.. You think of it, we're probably planning on doing it. :D Like AAAAAHHHHHHHH! I am so freaking excited!!!

Work has been pretty good, although kind of weird. My favorite manager left, which was pretty depressing. They sent him to another store. Everybody thought that we were going to hate the new lady that came in, but actually, everybody loves her. Like she's awesome. I was really worried that because the store manager left, that then my Starbucks manager, who I absolutely adore, would leave. She adored the store manager, and after we found out he was leaving, she was very seriously talking about leaving. But now that this lady is here, and Laura likes her a lot, I think she's going to stay. Thank goodness, because right now it's basically only me and her in Starbucks. There are 5 of us working there right now, but three are in school, so they can only work from 4:30-8:30 during the week and on the weekends. Which leaves just me and Laura, because 2 people just left, including the person that gets the most hours other than Laura. So basically Monday through Friday it's just the two of us during the day, meaning we both have to work every day, and if one of us gets sick... The other one is literally going to have to work an 11 hour shift. So super not fun. The good thing is that a new girl has been hired, but she's not trained yet. She's going to finish her computer training this weekend, and then Laura and I can start training her this week. Yay! Especially since both me and one of the guys are going to be gone the same week, and neither of us will be able to work.

Let's see. What else has been happening? I'm still doing music lessons, which is awesome. My grandma takes me these days, because Dad's in the middle of training someone, so I can't go with him for the time being. I love getting to hang out with Nana. It's been especially fun these past couple of months, because Aunt Suzie (you know, the one that I went to Las Vegas with last year) is visiting again, and the three of us have quite a lot of fun together. :) We've been going out to lunch every week, which is interesting, because Aunt Suzie knows the names of like none of the restaurants out here. So she tries to tell us where she wants to go, and since she doesn't know the name, she just describes it, which really doesn't help much. The funniest one was Five Guys, which she kept calling Five Brothers. Every time I'd say "Aunt Suzie, it's not Five Brothers it's Five Guys." And what'd she tell me every time? "Well aren't they brothers yet!" :D She is one of the funniest people I know. :)

Alright, I probably should sign off now. My ice cream is gone now, and I have to go to the store, which means I probably should get out of bed and get dressed. I will get around to doing the 105 in 2015, I just haven't yet. :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey Kayla,
    Great post! How super exciting that you get visit with Mikala, that is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bethany and Sarah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just now read this post. Even though we text all the time, I enjoy reading your blog posts, cause it feels like I get caught up all at once!

    Who's this awesome friend Mikala you wrote about??? Sounds like you're gonna' have a blast with her!! Geez, I sure wish I had an awesome friend like you who saved her money to come visit me ;-) ;-) That Mikala is so lucky :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post I need to do posts like this sometime! :) Love your blog!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear updates on your new relationship!! EEEK!!

    ReplyDelete