Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The last week.

So, tons of things happened to us this week, which I could have turned into 4 posts, but I seem to have a habit of just doing one huge post every once in a while. So, according to tradition, be prepared for a long post. It all started last Sunday when I got a very special surprise from Dad.....

So, we have a tractor at the farm, but it dosen't work. There's something wrong with the hydraulics on it, and it needs to be fixed. The only problem is that the only way that we can get it fixed is if we take it on the trailer. The only problem with that is that there's a flat tire on the trailer. So Dad and the boys went on Sunday morning to get a tire so we can get the trailer fixed so we can get the tractor fixed. Long story. So they left, and our day went on as normal. We did what we needed to in the morning, ate lunch, and went into quiet time. Since it was a Sunday, I didn't have to do school, so Hannah came in with me so we could watch The Blind Side. (I don't have a tv in my room, but I do have a computer without the intenet that I do my school on.) We were about 30 minutes into the movie when Dad came in my room. He was carrying a grocery bag. "Kayla, come out here please." He said. So he and I walked out to the family room. He sat down on the couch, and said "I wanted to get you a special birthday present on your birthday, but I didn't have the money. Now I do, so I have something for you." Right then, he pulled out of the bag a Itunes gift card and a case for an IPod Touch. (Right here I'm going to stop. I've been wanting an Ipod Touch for a long time, and have been saving up for it. ) "That is for your Ipod when you get one." And right then he reached into his pocket, and pulled out and Ipod Touch!!!!! "Like this."


This was my face right after he pulled it out.


You can see that Dad's shirt says D.A.D.D. It stands for 'Dads Against Daughters Dating" :)



I have been having so much fun with my Ipod lately. I've got all of my favorite songs on it, I can check the email, I've got the Bible on it, and some games. And I'm not the only one having fun with it. For the first few days pretty much the only thing I heard was... "Kayla, can I play a game?" "I want to play!" "Kayla!" "Please, can I play?" :) It's nice, because now the only people who really ask me to play are Jonathan, Hannah and Sarah. 

Wednesday we went to Breakers Water Park with the MacDonalds, Emily, Daniel, and Aunt Lori. It was a BLAST!!!! I can't remember the last time I had so much fun. The only problem was that we were having so much fun that we didn't get any pictures. (Speaking of that, Mrs. MacDonald, can you please forward me those pictures you took?) I can't even begin to tell you the fun that it was. There were a bunch of slides, a HUGE wave pool, a little kids area, There was even a slide that almost went at a 90* angle straight down. (Literally!) It was so fun. 

Friday we had the Guglar family over for dinner. It was such a nice time. There was a lot of laughing, playing and eating involved. Here are some pictures.



Lovely Annalisa


Abigail and I.


Lillian was having such a fun time pulling Daniel on the wagon.


Meanwhile, Zack was having fun pushing Dillon on the toy car.


Eating dinner.


And this.... well, I'm just not going to comment.


Playing.


Little Miss Adorable


Absolute cuteness.


Sunday was the Summer Birthday party at our house. It was a lot of fun.  We were celebrating 13 birthdays, which meant a lot of celebrating! Here are some pictures.



Hannah and I took a picture of each other. I had my Ipod and Hannah had Mom's camera.


We bought a cake, but the style that we picked didn't allow us to put any words on it, so Hannah made cupcakes with everyone's initials on it.


The youngest birthday girl.

The Cameron birthday girls.




Grandma and Emily. (Emily HATES to have her picture taken)


Aunt Tracey and Uncle Robert


My silly cousin Nico.

Present time!


Annabeth opening her first present


Hannah got Annabeth some tiaras, and Dad decided to put one on. :)



Momma has been wanting a light for her to use for her sewing for a long time.


The whole birthday clan.






These are the coolest candles. When you light them they blow up, then they open up into a flower, spin around and start singing 'Happy Birthday'.





Ever since Annabeth saw the Toy Story movies, she has LOVED Jesse. She was so excited when she got a Jesse doll for her birthday. She also loves Strawberry Shortcake, and so she decided to combine the two and put Jesse's hat on Strawberry. :)

Yesterday Mom, Nana, and us 4 older kids went to the Gaslight Theatre. It's a place that does plays while you sit and eat. It was our kids' first time going, and it is definately a place that I will be going to again. We got a seat really high up so that we could see the performance really well. The play was "Gnatman Returns". It was a spoof on the movie "Batman Returns". It was SO FUNNY!!! I laughed so hard. The actors were hillarious! I really wish we were allowed to take pictures inside the theatre, because you should have seen the performance. The band was amazing, and we were all clapping to the music several times. Oh my. I can't describe what it was like. Here's the one picture we WERE allowed to take.



Well, that's it for this post. I don't think we have anything interesting coming up, so my next few posts will be all of my favorite pictures that we've taken over the years.

Kayla



1 comment:

  1. Guess what? My dad wants your dad's shirt. lol

    ReplyDelete