Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A kinda random post

Hello blog buddies. (That's what I've decided to call all of you :) ) I don't know why, I just did. I don't really have that much to post about, but since I said that I would try and post 3 times a week, I figured I might be able to find something to say.

Courtney and Rachel, thank you for your comments about the new look of my blog! I really appreciate it. The more I look at it the more I'm liking it . :) And Rachel, thank you for your offer to help me figure out my header. I would love to talk about it on Sunday if you have a chance.

Not much has been going on lately. Pretty much everyone except Jonathan is sick, which hasn't been very fun. But we're starting to get better, so that's good. My throat doesn't hurt NEARLY as bad as it did yesterday. Last night it hurt so much I was just about ready to cut it off! (Well, not really, but you get the point)

Saturday we went to help my grandparents move. The good thing is that they live in a mobile home park, and they were just moving from one side of the park to another, so it wasn't that far. :) In fact, my grandma had forgotten some creamer in her fridge, so Hannah, Sarah and I walked over to get it. I think we must have looked pretty silly to those people driving past us on the way back. :) We got there about 9:30, (I think) and most of us didn't get home until about 5:30. Jonathan and Dad stayed to help some more, and they didn't get home until about 8. I was really concerned that Dad would be super sore on Sunday, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We actually went down to the farm, which is a 2 hour round trip, and he was driving. Normally when Dad's super sore he hates to drive. So I was really thankful that he was ok.

Oh. I just remembered something I wanted to post about. So in order to move to the farm we needed 2 things to happen. 1) Dad needed a new work truck because he didn't trust the one he had to drive that extra 2 hours every day. And 2) We needed a barn. Not necessarily for animals, (yet) but so that Dad had a place to put his tools. Right now we have a 1,200 square foot garage in the backyard that Dad has all of his tools in, but at the farm we don't have that. So those were the 2 things we needed, and it looks like God may be providing both of them!

So my Dad owns his own company, and my uncle works for him. Well, on Friday my uncle was driving when an older lady drove right into him. He's ok, but the truck isn't. So, now my uncle gets Dad's old truck, and Dad gets a new one! Not to make this sound like my uncle getting into an accident was a good thing, because it wasn't. It is just helping us get to the farm faster. :)

And now for number 2. We could very easily build a barn, but I think what Dad really wanted was a steel building. Well, He and Mom had looked at several different buildings from several different companies, but they were all WAY out of our price range. Like $500,000-out-of-our-price-range. So, Dad decided that we were going to build a barn. Well, some friends on my grandparents that live in Colorado had sent something to Mom and Dad about steel buildings. (Thank you Mr. and Mrs. V!) So, Dad decided to look into it. Well, it turns out that for the size that Dad wants, buildings from this company are WAY cheaper than some of the other ones. So I think for the size he wants, (I think it was like 50x100 ft.) it's only 22-32 thousand dollars. That's still a lot, and we still would have to take out a loan, but that's still way cheaper than 500k. So, it looks like God may be providing us both of the things we needed to move! Yay! It's been over 4 years since we bought the farm, and I told my Nana about a month ago, that if we weren't on the farm by next Christmas, (meaning 2012) that I might just start crying and never stop. Seriously. I have waited so long to move. Annabeth doesn't even know a life without the farm. She was only a couple months old when we bought it. And for that matter, neither do Sarah and David. Sarah was only 3 and David was only 1, maybe 2. I don't remember.

I really hope this works out because I want to move so bad. I mean, I won't be looking forward to driving for an hour and a half instead of just a half hour, I won't be looking forward to getting home from church at like 9, but I'd much rather do that than stay here.

Well, it looks like I WAS able to find something to write about! :) See, when I'm in the mood I can be such a rambler. :) Oh well. God gave you a mouth, I suppose there's nothing wrong with using it as long as it's used in the right way, right?

So, I guess I'll sign off for this post. Bye blog buddies! :)

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment