Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Surprise party and video

Ok. So I have 2 good reasons why I didn't post on Thursday or Saturday. I didn't post on Thursday because I wasn't here. For quite a bit of the day I was at violin lessons, and then I was on a sleepover at my grand parent's house. Plus it didn't help that I really didn't have anything to post about.

Saturday we had something big going on that I was planning on posting about, and we got TONS of pictures, but by the time we got home it was after bed time. So, I wasn't able to post. But, I'm here now, ready to post about what happened yesterday. Surprise party!!!!!

One of Mom's really good friends is turning 50 on the 22nd, and we were planning to have a party on the 21st. That party she knew about. But then Mom and Mr. Goodale decided that it would be more fun to do a surprise party on the 14th...Saturday. Mom (and Hannah and I) spent weeks preparing for this party, and Mom did a SUPER job of keeping Mrs. Goodale from knowing about it. Mom told her that it was a 'becoming of age' party for Jonathan for his 13th birthday. :) So, come Saturday we get up, get ready, and leave. We did some errands, and then Dad dropped us and the food off at church. (that's where we were having the party) Then Dad went to go pick up Wes and Will MacDonald, because the rest of their family was sick and couldn't come . :-( In the meantime, the rest of us stayed and got set up. Mom made the fellowship hall look pretty neat. I think she could make a dump look festive if she had to. :) Well, eventually people started showing up, and before long it was 3:00, which was when the party was. Everyone was there except for the Goodales, their daughter and her husband who were driving in from San Diego, some friends of theirs who came in from Phoenix, and our pastor's family. When the Goodale's showed up we kept talking so that we didn't give it away by being too quiet, and waited for her to come in. The look on her face was priceless. And then when she found out that her daughter and son-in-law were coming for the party, she was so thrilled.

We played for a little while, and then ate. Mom got 2 6 foot long sub sandwiches from Fry's, and we had those along with chips, salsa, a veggie tray, and macaroni salad. It was pretty good. So then we went and played some more, and then had cake. Because of course you have to let your food digest before you have cake. :) And then there was some MORE playing, and then the part that made me nervous came.

Mrs. Goodale had been planning for a while to sing a song at the party, and week before last at church she asked Wes to play guitar, and then last week she asked me to sing with her! I was super nervous about it since I only had a week to practice, but it made it better when we decided that I was only going to sing the chorus. So, come Saturday we go into one of the rooms at church and close the door, and then went out and performed it! I didn't think my part went very well, but that's just me. Here's a video.


And by way, just to let you know, in the video you can see my face kind of curl up in a smile quite a few times, and that's because I kept looking over past Dad (who was taking the video) and kept seeing Will stuff one chip after another in his mouth, and I just couldn't help smiling. I actually almost burst out laughing. He just kept sitting there, eating the whole time. So that's why I kept smiling a little bit. :)


Ok. And here are the pictures.



Mrs. Reeves and her grandson Calvin


My beautiful sister


Hannah and Katy


We got a cake from Costco, but we weren't sure there was going to be enough, since we had about 70 people coming, so we made cupcakes too.







Sorry this photo is a little big blurry.


Um, I'm not sure that you can see this really well, but I think if you click on the picture you can see it bigger.



Mrs. Goodale and her mother in law


And for some reason right now every time I try to load more pictures, it says "Error, please try again". So, I'm going to have to try again later.


Please comment and let me know what you think!

Kayla


No comments:

Post a Comment