Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sorry for the lack of posts!!!

Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have had PLENTY to post about.... just not much time to post about it. We've had a really busy few weeks. So, if you'll bear with me, I'll do another one of those REALLY long posts, ok? :)

So something that I never told you about (because I haven't been posting recently, and this is a pretty recent thing) is that my Uncle Robert has cancer. Well, ok. He DID have cancer. Let me explain. Remember a while back when I posted about him getting into an accident? Well, that was a God-ordained accident, because when he started having some pain in his rib-area, they took him into the doctor. They thought it was because of the accident, and he was still sore. But anyway, they took him in, and they discovered that he had a cancerous tumor on his kidney. Well, they decided to remove the kidney, and hope that the cancer hadn't spread, and that the surgery would just take it away. Well, the surgery was last Tuesday, and from what we can tell, the cancer is all gone. So we're all very grateful for that. Actually, right now I'm typing this post on his laptop because we're at his house helping him if he needs anything. He really is doing pretty well, but we're still here to help. It's just me, Jonathan and Hannah here. Mom went home with the little ones because today is Daddy's 40th birthday, (I'll post about THAT later) and she wanted to get home, get the house clean and make a nice dinner for him. My cousin Michael actually got home from work earlier than what we expected, but Uncle Robert said he didn't want us to go home yet, so we aren't. :) Right now while I'm typing this on his laptop, Hannah is on Michael's laptop playing a game, and Jonathan is playing on Uncle Robert's xbox. :) Ok, so just to let you know, this is not what it's like all the time, with people playing games on the computer and playing video games, but hey, we're at our uncle's house. He's allowed to spoil us while we're here, right? :D

Our last week has been pretty crazy. Last Tuesday we went to our Nana's house to celebrate the winter birthday parties on Mom's side of the family. Recently we went to my other grandma's house to celebrate the birthdays on Dad's side of the family, and so Tuesday we went there. It was a lot of fun. I got to make a casserole, and guess what? One 9x13 casserole has 2 POUNDS OF CHEESE IN IT!!! Yeah, it's awesome. We actually made it again to take to church on Sunday for the potluck. It was really good. :) But anyway, I'm getting kinda' off subject. :) So after awhile my aunt, uncle and cousin came. Aunt Jenna is a high school English teacher, and I guess she was tied up at a meeting. So she was a little late. It's always a lot of fun when my cousin Nico comes, because he's 7, and absolutely LOVES to play with us. His favorite thing to do is wrestle. :) And I'm perfectly willing to play with him, because I only see him about 4 times a year. They live here, but they're awfully busy, plus they live about an hour away from us. So it's a special treat to see him.

See? I'm getting off subject again. *sigh* Ok Kayla. Concentrate. So my uncle made tacos, which I LOVE. That's another special treat.... Uncle Doug's tacos. Mmmmm. They're really pretty awesome. But look at me, I'm rambling. I seem to be really good at that. I've acutally had a friend come up to me when I was talking to another friend, and say to me, "Kayla, WHY do you always say everything in like 500 words?!?" :D And I guess I do. I'm actually really good at talking a whole lot. I don't know, I guess it's just what I do. Oh well. :)

But anyway, back to the party. After we ate came the presents. Jonathan got a new K'nex set, which he really likes, David got a pair of skates, and Hannah got a gardening set. She really likes flowers, and has always wanted to garden. So Nana got her quite a few different kinds of seeds, some soil, and some pots. She's already planted quite a few of them, but then one blew over in the wind so she had to replant it. But anyway, not long after presents we left. It was a lot of fun. I think we have pictures, but I still have to get them off the camera, so I'll post those tomorrow. Not long after that we left.

Thursday we had violin lessons. It went better than I thought it would, and that was good. Miss Anna (our teacher) got kinda' upset with Mom though. :) You see, there is a year-end recital in May that out teacher wants us to play in, and Mom had looked through our music book and picked a song for Hannah and one for me. Now, they weren't songs that we had gotten to in the book yet, but we tried them. I figured out the notes for Hannah, and she learned her song really quickly, which was nice. Mine..... Well let's just say mine was a little harder. Ok, awfully it was way harder. Normally I don't have problems with figuring out notes on music, but this time I was having a really hard time with it. So, on Thursday we went to lessons, and at the very end, right when we were ready to walk out the door, Hannah decided to mention to Miss Anna my problems. Well, she wasn't exactly very happy that we had skipped ahead in the book. She said that by the recital we will get to the song Hannah's supposed to do, but that there's no way that we'll get to mine. So, she followed us out to the waiting room and kinda' scolded Mom. But she was very nice about it. She's a pretty patient lady, which is nice. :) So it all worked out ok. It's just now I know that we can't skip ahead, and that I'm going to have to pick a different song. :D

Well, I'm probably boring you to death by my rambling by now, so I think I'll sign off. I'll work on another post later this afternoon with what else we did last week, ok?

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment