Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

I Promise


This time I PROMISE I'm back. Life has been pretty crazy, but I'm back. Plus, the Internet problems didn't help. But I'm pretty sure that's over with. So, I can get back to regular posting. And if I don't you can... Uh... Hmmm... Do nothing I guess. ;)

Let's see... What's been going on lately? Well, we've still been spending half our time in Tucson. It's getting a little tiring. But, I still like having music lessons, so it's worth it. :) It also seems like as soon as we move away from town, we have more to do there. And I guess we do. Mom has doctor appointments every 2 weeks, plus both Jonathan and Hannah have had orthodontist appointments recently. Well, actually Hannah has one this week. Now that she has her braces off, I believe after this appointment she won't have to go for a really long time. 

Oh! Speaking of Mom and the baby, we have a name. Danielle Marie. Isn't it so pretty? I absolutely love it. It was amazing. For such a long time Mom and Dad had been thinking of names, but there just wasn't peace from God about any of them. Then, one night Mom heard the name Danielle while she was listening to a teaching and was like, 'Yup, that's it.' The name Marie came the next day I believe. She was originally considering Danielle Faith, but decided on Marie instead. I like it. :)

Last Friday we had a recital to play in. I decided not to sing this time. Partly because I really didn't want to, partly because the only instrument I can play well enough to be comfortable in front of people, and you can't sing and play violin at the same time, and the person I would normally ask to play with me is crazy busy, and partly because the recital was filling up fast, and before I knew it, there wasn't room. But, I did end up accompanying Sarah on piano. She was required to play since she was Mrs. MacDonalds student, and so was Jonathan. Sarah and I played Away in a Manger, and Jonathan played We Three Kings. Hannah also played Joy to the World on violin. It went really well. Sarah played perfectly. And wouldn't you know it, I messed up. But, I have an excuse. I learned half of my part the day before. Mrs. MacDonald first asked me to play with her two weeks ago. There I was just playing chords with my right hand, but then Thursday, the day before the recital, she added a part for my left hand. She said I didn't have to do it if I didn't want to, that she knew she was loading a bunch on me. But, I'm ambitious. :) I did it anyway. And I messed up. But whatever. It was Sarah's song anyway, I was just helping her.

Well, I have more to type, but that's all I'm going to do now. Again, I promise I'm back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment