Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pure Joy (Told ya I'm back! ;) )


The only mail we get here right now is our local Alco ad. It's nice to get, because they have yarn, and I can look to see when it's on sale. (It's really expensive at regular price, and it's a long way away to get it anywhere else) 

Anyway, this morning Hannah brought the weekly Alco ad to me and showed me a camera inside. Since she's really into photography, and I need to take pictures for my business, she wanted for us to both split the money to get it, and then share it. Well, I took a look at the camera, and it looks like it may be a good investment. Who knows? Mom gave her permission for us to get it, and I can't remember the last time I've seen Hannah so happy. Really. She's overjoyed. She' had 2 different cameras before, but both of them had broken. One accidentally went through the washing machine, (oops!) and one just stopped working. Seriously. It just stopped. Wouldn't turn on, wouldn't reset, wouldn't do anything. We tried changing the batteries, resetting it, doing everything possible to fix it. And it wouldn't. It just sat there,with a black screen, not wanting to work. So, she's been without a camera for a long time now. She likes using Mom's, but she always forgets to put it away or do something like that, and so Mom doesn't let her use it very often. So, she's very happy. And I'm pretty happy too. Right now I'm just taking pictures on my phone, because, get this, Mom's camera is too great. The pictures are so good, they take up too much space for Etsy to handle. So I can't use that camera. So I'm pretty happy too. :)

I'm also happy about one other thing. Yesterday in the mail we got a bunch of books that Mom ordered. And in them came 6 Frank Peretti books. If you've never read any books by him, you should. I've read three so far and I've loved all of them. And then Mom got 6 more! The only thing about Frank Peretti books is that they're sci-fi. They're really weird stories that couldn't possibly happen in real life. So far I've read Illusions, (that one came out just this year) The Oath, and Hangman's Curse. The Oath is really, REALLY long, and Hangman's Curse is pretty short. They're all different lengths. But typically Frank Peretti's books are pretty long. Which I like. It seems like halfway through the book it seems like it should be over, and then there's still half the book left. And the best part is that they're Christian books. Every part of the book points back to God. It's really amazing. So if you've never read a Frank Peretti book, you really should. They're pretty amazing.

So anyway, there's a lot to be joyful about in the Cameron household. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love Frank Peretti's books! Have you read Piercing the Darkness and This Present Darkness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't yet. :) Mom just got Piercing the Darkness, and she thought she got This Present Darkness, but turns out she didn't. The rest of the family is going to the library later this afternoon, (I'm staying home to work on Christmas presents) and I asked Jonatham to get This Present Darkness for me.

    ReplyDelete