Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Life update

My life has been kind of been interesting lately. There have been ups and downs. There have been great times, and there have been some not so great times. But, God has been helping me through it, and I've certainly been learning to trust Him in the process. :)

One of my favorite ups lately has been that I got my license!!!! I'm really liking that, and I think Mom is too. Yesterday while everyone had piano lessons (I'm the only one who doesn't have lessons, so I just sit there for 2 hours), I went to Walmart to get the oil changed in the van (it was WAY overdue) and pick up some stuff for Mom. That was fun, although I think Mom wasn't sure I'd make it home. :D She had me call her both when I got there and when I left. :) At least I know she loved me. :)

I had a voice recital last Friday which was...... Well, I'm not sure how to put it. It was good, but it was bad at the same time. It was good in that I got all positive feedback, which was awesome, plus I got the learning experience, but at the same time I messed up so badly. I did Who Am I, and I played the piano too, instead of singing to a track or having Mr. Addleman accompany me. I've played in public before, and I've sang in public before, but I've never done both at the same time. I'm not sure if that helped or made it worse. I think it may have helped in that I didn't have to just stand there, but it may have made it worse in that I wasn't able to completely and fully focus on my singing. I'm not sure. Anyway, I was doing fine nervousness wise until the person who performed before me got up. Then it was like a huge wave of nervousness just hit me all at once, and I just wasn't able to get rid of it. My voice was shaking throughout the whole song... We have a video, but I can't bring myself to watch it. I'm kind of resigned to how I did, and I'm worried if I watch it all go back into self-pity mode. :( I'm SO insecure about my voice, and I'm just so blessed to have friends and family who encourage me in that area.

I've started violin again, and I'm so loving it. I missed it so much when I wasn't able to play. You seem something happened during the summer (when I didn't have lessons) to my violin, and I wasn't able to play it. I think it had something to do with the humidity. Anyway, my violin was out of tune, but the pegs were so stuck I couldn't turn them. So I couldn't play. Well, time for lessons to start again rolled around, and I brought my violin to my teacher to see if she could fix it. Well, she couldn't, and suggested we take it to a certain place in town so they could fix it. Well, they supposedly did. They filed the pegs, and replaced the bridge, which I guess had gotten warped. Well, Hannah had had a sleepover at my grandma's house the night before, so went to get her, and Mom wanted me to try my violin out while we were there. So, I got it out, and it went out of tune again. One turn of one peg, and the whole thing fell apart. Like seriously. The strings came out, the bridge fell off, the tailpiece completely unattached itself from the violin, the works. I was so sad. Well, I couldn't do anything about it, so I had to just leave it. The next week my teacher looked at it, and said it was easily fixable, and during my lesson let me borrow one from the school. That afternoon we took it to a different place to fix it. Turns out one of the screws that was holding the tailpiece on was stripped, so it just came off.

Anyway, my violin is fixed now, which I'm so thankful for. I didn't realize how much I missed playing. In 3 lessons I've gone through 3 songs, which is so much faster than I went the first 2 years. In some ways I like having lessons by myself one, and in some ways I don't. But, Hannah likes doing cello so much more than violin, so I'm happy.

I'm finally a senior! I started 12th grade, and I'm so happy to be doing something other than just math. I still have math to do, but it's certainly nice to be doing my other subjects too. So far it's pretty easy, but I'm doing Physics for science, and I was told by a certain friend that Physics is pretty terrible. And that coming from someone who's going to college to become a microbiologist. Ugh.

Danielle is crawling, and loving it. She never. stops. moving. And it certainly keeps us on our toes. :) She's loving discovering all the stuff that she couldn't get to before, especially the tile. She loves crawling on the tile. :)

Hannah started cello lessons this year, and loves it. It's a group class with 5 students in it, which I think she likes more than individual lessons. She especially loves it that one of the girls in the class goes to our church, and we've known their family for several years. That's just a bonus. :)

We got a third horse! Her name is Shiloh. The guy who gave us the first 2 came over last weekend, and brought this one. We were just supposed to look at her, but wouldn't you know it, she ended up staying. She's such a pretty horse. She didn't have a name, and Mom came up with Shiloh. I think it's a really nice name. She's a paint horse, and her hair is so soft.

My business has been going ok overall. It's been somewhat slow, but I suppose that's good. I'm not super overwhelmed. I have a couple custom orders that I'm doing, which is fun. Like I've said before, I love doing color combinations that other people have come up with. Plus, I can take pics of those blankets and list them eventually.

Ok, I've got to go now. I've got to finish my school today and then I'm off to the post office and Safeway! We're going to a fellowship/church service/camp out tomorrow, and I hope to have tons of pics from that!

No comments:

Post a Comment