Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Prayer request

If ya'll think about it, I have something I need you guys to pray about for me. Also, I kind of need to just blow off some steam.

This is kind of a long story, but I'm going to try to explain it so you understand. It's kind of complicated.

Earlier this year (like probably February or March, I don't remember exactly), I went to work with Dad, and I happened to go to an appointment with a realtor who's bought blankets from me before. I'd never actually met him before, but he had bought blankets 2 times (I think) before. He decided then and there that he wanted to order 4 more. Ok, great! He paid me then and there, and we talked about what he wanted. He said that pretty much I could do whatever I wanted, but he did have a couple guidelines. He wanted 2 for boys and 2 for girls, he wanted one of them to be a shell, and he wanted one of them to be a specific blanket (one that I'd made for him before). So I got started. I made one a peach, light pink and white shell, I made one a navy and white ripple (which has actually become my most popular blanket the last couple months), one was the specific one he wanted (a dark blue and dark green stripe), and one was a white, paddy green and rose pink (think watermelon) ripple. So I followed his guidelines, right?

Well, not long after he got the blankets, Dad tells me that he wasn't happy with them. He didn't say why specifically, he just didn't like them. I was somewhat confused because he told me I could do whatever I wanted, but whatever. Dad had given him my business card, and he was supposed to email me and tell me what he wanted this time.

Well, the end of July I did get an email. He said that his wife wanted 2 light pink and white striped blankets, and 2 light blue and white striped, but if I couldn't do the blue ones than he wanted 2 turquoise and white ripple blankets instead. So ok. I made the blankets, and put a fringe edge on them, since that's what on the original listing. Everything was fine, and I sent them with Dad.

Well, Dad hasn't seen him much recently, but he saw him today, and so he got the new blankets and gave him the old ones back. Well, wouldn't you know it,  I got another email today, and guess what? He wasn't happy with these either. He said that he didn't want the holes in the blankets, and he didn't want the fringe. He told me he wanted 2 light pink, bright pink and white ripples and 2 aqua and white ripples. Does that sound like it's anything like the blankets he asked for before? They're completely different!!!!! I mean, making them over once wasn't so bad, but twice? This is 12 blankets he's asked me to make so far. I've done exactly what he's wanted twice before, but for some reason he's not happy. Dad actually says he thinks it has to do with his wife. Ugh! It's so frustrating. I mean, what do I do in this situation? It seems rather ridiculous to make another 4 blankets for him, but it seems like bad business to tell him "I made what you ordered, suck it up." I'm just so frustrated. This is the third batch he's asked me to make. And you know what's weird? The first 2 times he ordered blankets from me, he was perfectly happy with them. No complaints whatsoever. And now suddenly I can't make him happy.

Sorry, because I know that I'm rambling. I just need to blow off some steam. Today I went from almost crying to want to throw something into the wall to being resigned about. If ya'll could pray for me, I'd so appreciate it. I need prayers for patience, and that I'll have the right words to say (I haven't replied to his email yet). It's just rather discouraging. I've had customers before who haven't been happy (I don't think it's ever been my fault,  just like in this instance), but every time we came to an agreement. This time it just seems like I can't please him!

Ok, I'm done now. Again, prayers would so be appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's kind of weird for him to be so picky....he probably has no idea how much time it takes for you to just "whip up a few more blankets" lol. Ah well. Maybe you should have a written contract or receipt of some kind in the future that the customer signs? Or maybe a limited return/exchange policy? As a seller you should protect yourself from being taken advantage of like that. It's almost like someone basically "renting" their wardrobe by buying tons of clothes and then returning them after they're tired of them. It's not honest or above board. I'm not saying that's what your customer is doing....but just something to think about for the future. I'll be praying for patience my dear - that's a lot of crocheting to do!!!!! Listen to Adventures in Odyssey and eat some chocolate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Ah Rachel, Odyssey and chocolate. You know me way too well girl. :) That's the best advice I've gotten in awhile. :D
      That's a good idea. I'm just so at a loss. I'm doing better today, thank the Lord. :)

      Delete