Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Pictures Update

 
So, I finally sat down and got all of the pictures from my phone onto the computer. Yay! So I can post some pictures!

 
So, just so ya'll know, in case you don't have experience in this area, taking selfies is REALLY awkward. But I don't have any good pictures of me ever, so I have to take some every once in awhile....
 

 
This is the new violin concerto my teacher asked me to learn a couple weeks ago. I've learned it, and got it pretty much memorized. It's so much fun to play. Yesterday at my lesson we did a duet for this song, and it was so awesome. :)
 
 
(I so love my violin)
 
 
Yesterday I also had a pretty awesome opportunity. I got to teach a class! My teacher had to leave early yesterday, and realized halfway through our duet that she forgot to call and cancel with a certain group. When she found out that I knew one of the kids (he goes to our church, and just started taking lessons with her), she asked me if I could teach. So, I took Jonathan (who was with me) over to piano and then came back to the school. There were 3 boys in the class, and they were all pretty little. I think the oldest one was probably 7. Miss Anna said that they were just learning rhythm stuff, so that was pretty easy. I've seen her teach little kids before, so I had a pretty good idea of what she did.
 
One of the kids wouldn't say a word, and the other one wouldn't stop talking. Nate (the one kid I did know) was the only one who behaved. :) The first one who got there was the one who wouldn't talk. I kept trying to get him to tell me what Miss Anna had been teaching him, but since he wouldn't say anything, we basically just sat there staring at each other until Nate got there. :D His parents were trying to get him to talk, but he wasn't having any of it. I think he was scared of me. :D
 
I was so glad that Mrs. Fox (Nate's mom) was there. She was such a big help. She was telling me everything that Miss Anna was teaching them, and was so helpful. If she wasn't there I would have been at such a loss. I've never taught anything before, but I'm glad that they were all beginners.
 


 
These are just some flowers I bought for Mom a couple weeks ago, and I got a pretty picture of them. :)
 

 
Dad and I at my voice recital a couple weeks ago. I actually can't think of any pictures other than this one that we have of just Dad and I.

 

 
I don't know how well you can see this, but Danielle has started crawling, and crawled under the piano bench when Sarah was playing. So I got out my phone to take a picture, and she moved. I told Sarah to take her and put her back under for the sake of a picture, and needless to say, she was NOT happy about it. :)
 
 
A view from our horse corrall. I took pictures of them for ya'll, but I was having a hard time getting those on the computer. I'll try again later. But you can see Skippy in this picture.

 
Last Sunday we stayed home from church (Danielle was sick, and Dad didn't want only some of us going), and had a bonfire. We played games, roasted marshmallows, and Dad told ghost stories. They were actually pretty good stories, except, as is characteristic with my Dad, they all ended with the main character getting eatern. :D Oh well. :) It was nice to get to use our firepit. Since we built it last October or November (pictures here), we've only gotten to use it three times. It was nice to sit out there again. :)

 
 
And of course, I have to end with a picture of my gorgeous sister, because you know, that's how I think every post should end. :) This was taken the day of my recital too. Hannah got her all dressed up, and she even left the headband on the whole night. :)
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Neat post! How cool that you got to teach a class, even if not all the kids were cooperative. ;-)
    Sam
    P.S. Too bad Hannah and I aren't in the same class anymore :-/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was pretty awesome!!!

      Yeah, I know. It's too bad. :( Hannah's rather upset about it. How did your lesson go? As you can tell, Peter wasn't there, so Hannah got a private lesson!

      Delete
  2. Class was quiet (considering my classmates!) but good -- a lot of homework.
    Yeah, I noticed that she got a private lesson - that was probably nice!
    Maybe at some point the class will be rearranged again, hopefully. We can still compare notes at church anyway ;].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah. You were with the two quietist in the group. Poor Sam. :)

      I sure hope it gets rearranged. I know Hannah had fun having you in the class, and I sure liked getting to see you. We don't talk much at church. :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome Post Kayla! I love the picture of you and your Dad, as well as the one with you and your Mom! You are very beautiful! Danielle is, so very adorable!

    ~Sarah Fast~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! You're so sweet. :) :) :)

      Delete
  4. Hey Kayla!

    Great post! (I wish I could do more posts like this, that is if I ever could get around to actually posting on a regular basis! :-( :-) It sounds like your lessons are going great!! You sure have accelerated and are improving stupendously (I love big words, don't you?)! How neat that you got to teach a class for Miss Anna! I have observed her teaching methods in the past, and I have been quite impressed by them. I love the pictures of you with your parents. And the roses you bought for your mom are beautiful!!! Also, I thought I might point out that that's another thing you get to cross off your 103 list.

    I must go now, and finish up my assignments due by tomorrow night...ugg. (There are way too many of them!) Please pray that I get everything done in a timely manner and yet still get good grades!

    ~Most sincerely,
    Bethany Fast

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, all the lines at the end of most of the sentences in the above post are actually exclamation points. For some reason it cuts the dot at the bottom off... See !!!!! ! ! ! !

    ReplyDelete