Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

15 things you probably didn't know about me

1. I pretty much stay in my pajamas all day long. If I don't have to go anywhere, I just stay in my pajamas, which normally consist of yoga or sweat pants, or something of the sort, and just a regular shirt. I figure since they're my most comfortable clothes, and since I'm not going anywhere, so no one's going to see me, I might as well keep wearing them. And hey, the less laundry to do the better! :)

2. I am pretty creative, but my ideas rarely come to life. I'm just so busy that I don't have time to work on new ideas. I'm really hoping that this year I'll be able to learn to take some time for myself to work on new ideas, instead of working on orders all.the.time.

3. I'm really not that great at coming up with color combinations. I can do 2 or. 3, maybe even 4 colors, but beyond that I'm lost. I go to my mom all the time to get ideas for colors.

4. I am such a sucker for candy. I can pretty much go without chips, soda, muffins, cake, sometimes even ice cream... Stuff like that. But it seems like pretty much every time I come out of the store I have some candy with me. It's terrible! I've been learning to leave my money AT HOME. If I know in my head that I don't have any money with me, I don't have any problems with wanting sweets, but if I have my money with me, even if I tell myself that it's not good for me, I most of the time end up getting something. :(

5. I am a major list maker. It's mostly pertaining to my business, but I do in other areas too. I have lists of what blankets I have to make, as well as when they need to be shipped, if they're a different size, and any other notes. I also have lists for every single one of my blankets. What I mean is that I'll write out the rows, like this.

Row 1 white
Row 2 white
Row 3 pink
Row 4 pink

Like that. I do that for all the rows on all of my blankets. Not because I can't count the rows or I don't know what color comes next, but because it's just fun for me to mark them off.

6. I'm short. I'm only 5' 3, and that's about as tall as I'm gonna get. My dad is 5' 10, and I'm just a little bit taller than my mom. So far Jonathan is a couple inches taller than me, and it drives me crazy having my little brother be taller than me. Oh well, I don't mind now as much as I did when he was first taller than me.

7. I can't sew. Like at all. I've tried, but I fail miserably at it. My grandma has helped me make a couple of dresses before, but that's it. Actually, scratch that. My grandma pretty much made the dresses for me while I watched. Yeah. I'm pretty terrible. Once I was making something and actually got the needle through my finger. And we're talking sewing machine, not hand sewing. Ouch. Thankfully it was on the edge of my finger, and it didn't hurt too badly. I didn't have to go to the emergency room or anything like that.

8. I am a person of pattern. I don't really like change that much, and most of the time change scares me. I'm pretty happy doing the same things every day, although sometimes I do get an itching for change. Not a major, massive change, but some change.

9. People who look at me would probably think I'm an introvert, but I'm not. I am a very social person, and love people. My problem is that I really don't have any friends at church (it seems like every time I get one they either move away or just stop talking to me), and as of right now church is our only major social outlet. 4-H has started, but so far we haven't signed up for anything. So basically, I have no one to talk to at church, and sit alone by myself a lot. Therefore, people probably think I'm an introvert.

10. I like to read, but most of the time I just don't have time, so I listen to a lot of audiobooks. I have a couple of apps on my iPad that I use, and I listen to audiobooks quite frequently while I'm working on blankets.

11. I hate classical music with a passion. I know, it's strange since I play violin and piano and all, but I truly do hate classical music. I like playing it on my violin, (piano I normally just play chords for songs) but I can not stand just listening to it.

12. My Dad makes fun of me constantly, because I go to McDonalds for lunch a lot. The only thing is, I never get a burger, I always, ALWAYS get their Bacon Ranch Salads. And Dad loves to make fun of me for going to McDonalds and getting "rabbit food". Dad is not into the whole eating healthy thing at all.

13. I love bright colors. I tend to use a lot of pastels for my shop, simply because in my opinion they're more baby-like, but bright colors are what makes me happy.

14. I am so awkward on the phone. I just never have a reason to talk to anyone (I text, not talk), so when I do talk on the phone, it's just do weird. You'd think I'd never talked to anyone on the phone in my life. :D I've had to talk to customers on the phone twice before (once because it was a large order, and once because the lady lived near me and I was working out dropping it off to her), and I hated both times. I am perfectly fine with email thank-you-very-much.

15. I love mysteries. Mystery books, mystery movies, mystery tv shows... If it's a mystery, especially a Christian mystery, I'm all over it.

And there you have it! 15 random things you probably didn't know about me! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Fun post. I hope you consider me as your friend though. :) I have the opposite problem of you. I have way to many friends. They want me outside to play football, inside to play fooseball and the little kids want me to play with them. Ahhh. :)
    -Ava

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ava! Of course I consider you as a friend. The only problem is that you have so many friends you're always busy. :D Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this post as well! I can totally relate to you on #9. Although I seem like an introvert to most people, most of the time I'm quite the opposite (just ask my family)! However, I seem to have a similar problem to yours -- we have like zero kids at our church right now, which also means there is really nobody to talk to accept for adults and siblings... So yeah, not necessarily the audience that wants to hear the ramblings of a seventeen year old -- or so I thought. After awhile, though, I decided to give the adults a try, and, what do you know, they seemed to enjoy talking to me just as much as I enjoyed having someone to talk to. Besides, adult conversations usually involve great theological topics and other interesting bits of information. Nevertheless, I know that sometimes having a girl my age (besides my sisters) to talk to would be nice.
    I am the same when it comes to telephone calls -- I hate talking on the phone! I never know what to say. I suppose it might have something to do with not being able to see the other person's expressions or body language. Whatever the case may be, I'd much rather stick to e-mails, letters, and face-to-face conversations.
    Anyway, enough of my prattling.
    Thanks for the lovely post!
    ~Bethany
    P.S. I love lists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post. You totally described me with 1 and 15. ;) You should definitely try and make time to try out some of your creative ideas.
    I always enjoy talking to you at church, but sometimes when I see you sitting by yourself crocheting, I think you don't want to be bothered. Haha, funny how we all get these ideas. But I consider you a friend for sure.
    Hope you can make it out to our house for the 1st!

    ReplyDelete