Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Awkward and Awesome



Awkward:

When you're doing your nails in the bathroom early in the morning because your mom can't stand the smell of nail polish or remover, but you forget that she has to come iron your dad's clothes, and when she walks into the bathroom she almost passes out. Oops. :)

When you go into your favorite restaurant with your dad, and while your dad is finding out what your sister (who happens to be with you) wants, your favorite cashier guy comes up and gives you a hug. That really wasn't so bad, it was finding out later in the day that he thinks you're your dad's wife. Um.......

When you're driving to McDonalds for lunch, and you're singing your new favorite song EVER. Your getting totally into the music and everything, and your sisters don't know the song, so they're looking at you like you're out of your mind. 



Having a guy from church call you Kyla. He's 15, and no matter how many times I correct him, he still calls me Kyla. I think now it's just become a nickname. What's even more awkward is when you happen to mention it to another friend in front of said person's older brother, and he starts calling you Kyla (jokingly) too. Ugh. 

When you have a lady come to you for a custom blanket to match her bedspread. There's black, a yellow, some pink, and some light blue. So you send her pics of colors, and she says that the blue has to be turquoise. So you look at the picture she sent of the bedspread, and you aren't seeing any turquoise. So you send her a Pinterest page that has all the colors from Red Heart that you can use, and have her pick out the colors, because she said there was a light turquoise and a dark turquoise, and you just aren't seeing it. So she picks out the colors, and doesn't even pick a turquoise. She picks a green, a pink, black and a yellow. 

Just wandering around the house at 5:00 in the morning because you just got out of the shower, and need to leave at 6:30, but no one else is up, and you already made quite a ruckus earlier while looking for a pair of nail clippers (our house is dangerous when it's dark!). So, you just wander around, sit on the bathroom floor, and just wait for someone to PLEASE WAKE UP!



Looking down at your toes and noticing that your nail polish is chipping. Again. But, you're too lazy to actually take it all off and redo it, so you just slap another coat on there figuring that hey, your toes are by the ground, no one'll notice that your nail polish is totally NOT smooth.

Being in the dugout for your dad's softball games. Well, that part counts under the awesome category. The awkward part is that you're the only girl in there. True, you know everyone, but still. It is kinda weird sometimes... 



Awesome:

Quiet. When you live in a family of 9, quiet is something that doesn't happen very often. When it does, you relish it.

Jamming out in the car. I love when I'm driving alone and just get to let go and sing my heart out. Thankfully the road to town is a 6 mile long, completely straight, you-never-pass-another-car road, so I really don't have to worry about getting into an accident. 

Pink nail polish. True, it and red are the only colors I'm allowed to wear, but still. Pink is one of my favorite colors, so it works well. Thank goodness Mom didn't say I was only allowed to wear orange. :D 



Cactus. I know that may sound strange, but in the particular part of Arizona we live it, it's too cold for cactus to grow. The only thing we have here is weeds and a 
lot of mesquite trees. I love going to the city and getting to see saguaro and prickly pear. It really does have a beauty all of its own. 

Getting to talk to some more people at the 4-H meeting last night. Last month the lady in charge had to leave early, so no one could stay around and chat. Last night we actually got to meet some people, and it was really nice. Not awesome: learning that there's a mandatory demonstration for every member to show something from their projects. Playing music in front of people, not a big deal. Talking in front of people, big deal. Besides, for my age group it's a minimum of 5 minutes. HOW am I gonna talk about the crochet project for a minimum of 5 minutes? What exactly is there to talk about?



Big thick headbands. I've been loving them lately. Actually, part of it is covering up the fact that my highlights are growing out, but still....

Peanut butter concrete mixers from Culvers. Need I say more?

Cuddling up to watch a good movie. Add popcorn and warm soft blankets.... Perfection.




The anticipation of my trip! I leave 3 weeks from today. The other day my aunt was trying to get me to pack. I was trying to explain that if I packed now I wouldn't have all that stuff for 3 weeks, but she tried to convince me anyway. :)

Going to a skating rink on Valentine's Day. Hannah and Jonathan's orthodontist hold a party there every year. We went with friends, and it was so awesome. It sure beats staying at home by myself feeling lonely on Valentine's Day. :)

The fact that my business Instagram account is growing! I've been getting new followers, people that I don't know, which is awesome. I love when people comment and tell me what they think of my blankets. :) I'm actually hosting a giveaway right now on there to celebrate my 3 year Etsy anniversary! Yay!


And there you have it, my awkward and awesome! I just threw in a bunch of random pictures, because I recently discovered that Blogger changed their app. Yay! Before if I tried to post picture I couldn't put any text after them. But as you can see, they fixed it! Yay! And I can upload them directly from my camera roll on my iPad. No more laptops! :) Sorry some of the pictures are blurry.  The ones taken with my iPad aren't as good quality as the ones with my phone. 







1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, so many people mistake us for our dad's wife when mom isn't there! It's messed up. Thankfully, I don't get that as much as Mari and Clarisa, but people think I'm Joseph's mom a lot.
    So I'm curious, what's your new favorite song?

    ReplyDelete