Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bunny Trouble and Cookie Baking

You would think that there is NO way that those things could go together, but they're both things that have happened this week. So, let's start with the better part of it, the cookies!

My great-grandma had a really good recipe for Monster cookies. They're oatmeal-peanut butter cookies with M&M's in them. So, we decided to make some this week. It was a lot of fun.




The sort-of finished product.


Okay. Now I think I've come up with the perfect picture for my profile.


See? It's perfect!


These next few pictures had nothing to do with cookies, we just got some good sibling shots.



Doesn't it look SO good?

This just in. My mom just gave me permission to post the recipe. Yay! Hope you all enjoy!

Grandma Buck's Monster Cookies

1/2 C. butter
1 C. sugar
1 C. brown sugar
1 1/2 C. peanut butter
1/8 C. white karo syrup
1/2 lb. M&M's
6 oz. chocolate chips
2 t. baking soda
4 eggs
4 1/2 C. oatmeal

Cream all ingredients except oatmea.
Add oatmeal gradually, mix well.
Drop by rounded spoonfull onto cookie sheet.
Bake at 350* for 12-15 minutes.
Remove from cookie sheet after 3-5 minutes.
Enjoy!

Now, these are really unhealthy, which is why we only make them once or twice a year. But when you do make them, they are SO good. Hope you enjoy them!

Ok. Now onto the second part of the title. The bunny trouble. 

Tuesday I went out to the bunny hutch after making salad to give them the spines from the lettuce leaves. Now, normally Pantano and Thumper LOVE the lettuce spines, so when I threw them in there, and neither of them got up, I knew something was wrong. So, I looked at them closely, and noticed that they're shaking REALLY bad. So I ran in to Mom's room where she was doing laundry and told her. She told me to get some frozen water bottles that we had in there RIGHT NOW. So, I put them in there right next to them. Immediately they jumped up because it was so cold, and started playing with them. I thought they would be fine, until they started pushing them away, laying down and shaking again. So I went in and told Mom, "We have to bring them inside, or they'll die". She agreed, so Jonathan, Sarah and I went to go get them. (Hannah and David were on a sleepover at Nana and Papa's house) By the time we came back inside, Mom had set up 3 chairs in front of one of those fans that  sit on the ground, which was turned on high. We set each one of the bunnies on a chair, and let them sit there with the cool air blowing on them. They were fine, and once it cooled down, we put them back in their hutch. When Dad got home he set up the swamp cooler that the Radtke's gave us for them, and they were fine.


Yesterday we went and did some shopping, and by the time we got back it was getting pretty hot. I had turned on the swamp cooler when we fed them that morning, but I decided to go check on them anyway. So, I went out and the same thing; lots of shaking. For some reason the swamp cooler wasn't working, so it wasn't helping them at all. I went to go get Mom, and she set up a dog kennel that we had for Franklin, a dog that we had a while ago. (Even though we only had him for 3 days) She cut up a Huggies diaper box, and put the partitions in there so that it was separated into 3 sections. We put their food and water in there, and then put the bunnies in with the fan blowing on them again. They seem to be doing fine, and they have been eating, which they weren't doing before. So now, we have to figure out what's wrong  with the swamp cooler, because right now it's not doing anything for us. But as of right now the bunnies are happy, so everything's fine.

So that's been the past few days for the Cameron's! Pretty crazy, huh? Well, that's all for now.

Kayla

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm....those cookies look good. I especially like the part of the recipe that calls for 1/2 lb. M&M's. :-)

    Poor bunnies sound like they got overheated!! Hope they do okay!

    ReplyDelete