Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Howdy!

Hey guys. Sorry, I meant to post about Family Fun Days last weekend, but every time I tried for one reason or another the pictures wouldn't load. And since it's been such a long time since I've posted pictures, I didn't think that you would want ANOTHER word-only post. The only problem is... I don't have any pictures for this post either! (hehehe) Sorry guys. :) Part of the problem is that most of the pictures are taken on my mom's camera, which is a really nice, expensive camera, and the pictures are actually too big to load onto Blogger. It really stinks. It takes such nice pictures, but then I can't load them onto anything. Rats.

Let's see... what should I talk about? Well, I guess I can find some stuff :) I have a way of finding PLENTY to talk about when I don't think I do. :D

Oh, let's start out with this... I'm really excited because starting Wednesday I'm going to start taking voice lessons! I've been wanting too for a long time, but I haven't had a chance. I'll be taking them from my pastor, who also happens to be one of the best singers I've ever heard. That's probably why he's our worship leader too. :) But anyway, remember how in my last post (or maybe it was the one before that, I don't know) I mentioned a recital that I was going to sing in? Well, last week after church I asked Mr. Addleman if he could help me try to pick a song that would be good for my range... and it turned into an hour-long voice lesson. :) It was SO much fun! I love, love, LOVE to sing, but I've never actually had any formal training. So it was a really new and fun experience. On the way home from church I heard Mom talking to Dad about maybe doing voice lessons, and now I'm taking them! We decided to start this Wednesday because it was the first week of the month. I'm kinda' nervous, but really excited too. So, wish me luck for that! :)

Hm... What else could I talk about? Well, how about I talk about our weekend? THAT was an adventure! Dad took Friday off so we could go down to the farm for the weekend. So, Friday morning we hopped in the car and headed down... only to discover when we got there that we didn't have any water. Yeah, not good. Both Dad and Jonathan tried to fix it, but they couldn't. And that means it was REALLY broken, because Dad can fix anything. I'm not kidding. Anything. It's really nice. But this time it was too much for him, and so we had to call in a well-guy. We have our own well on the property, which is really nice, but you can't just call the water company and see if it's a problem on their end when it's not working. The problem was that he wasn't going to be able to come until 8:30 Saturday morning, so we decided we couldn't stay there, and decided to go home and come back the next morning.

So, while this was all happening with the water, we were also having electricity problems. Yeah, seriously. It's not that the electricity wasn't working, it was that Dad wanted to do some stuff with it, and it wasn't quite working the way he wanted it to. The boy's and girl's rooms, which are right across from each other at the house down there, were on the same breaker, and so every night when we would both have the lights, the fans or the heaters, depending on what time of year, and stuff like that on, things would short out, and that's not very safe. So, Dad was trying to split them, and it wasn't working so well. He was really frustrated by both that and the water, and so we decided it would just be better to go.

And while THAT was happening, a truck load of gravel was delivered to the house, and quite a few of us spent a long time shoveling it all out. When we had first gotten there, we found 3 nails outside on the ground, and Dad decided it was time that we go get gravel. They aren't all nails from us, Mom says that she thinks the only thing that was ever farmed on that property was nails. :) I'm not kidding. Over the almost 5 years that we've owned that place, we have picked up about 6 5-gallon buckets on nails. I'm not kidding. They're all over the place, just sitting there. We've never gotten one in our tires before, (thank the Lord) but other people that have come over have. We even have some friends that, when they come, park all the way at the end of the driveway because of the nails. They won't even drive the car up to the house. That's how bad it is. So we went to go get gravel. That didn't take long, and they delivered it about 2:00. My hands are STILL somewhat red and blistered from shoveling so much rock. :) AND, we still have another truckload coming! They aren't open on Saturday or Sunday, and it was too late in the afternoon to bring the other truck load, so they are going to bring it today. We aren't going down there though, we'll wait until the next time we go down there to deal with it, which will probably be weekend-after-next since next weekend is Easter.

So, about 6:00 we left, grabbed Wendy's for dinner, and went home. The next morning we got up and left  around 6:30, and then got delayed for about 20 minutes on the freeway because of construction. So I bet you're thinking by now, 'Could it have gotten any worse?' well, that's kinda' what I was thinking. Well, let  me tell you now, it did. But I'll talk about that later. Not long after we got there, the well guy came. It didn't' take him too long, and he to the water back on. I don't know what he did, because I wasn't out there, but I CAN tell you it only took about 15 minutes for him to do it. So he left, and we kept going on with our day. Dad kept working on electrical stuff, and so he and Jonathan went up into the attic to work on splitting the wires while I stood down at the breaker box and turned breakers off when he told me to. It took a few hours, but Dad got that worked out, and people started showering and stuff so we could go to dinner. Dad said that since Jonathan did most of the work that day, that he to to pick where we went. He wanted to go to a new cafe in town, but they were closed, so we went to this place called the dining car instead. It's a old caboose railroad car that they turned into a restaurant. It's a really neat place. The room that we always sit in, (because it's the only one with tables big enough to fit us) has a tv in it, and while we were waiting for our food we were watching the Ohio St. vs Kansas game. Both of my mom's parents graduated from Ohio St. and so they really like it. They even have a Ohio State bathroom! Yeah, they're devoted fans. So the fact that Ohio State was in the Final Four was pretty exciting. I was actually kinda' upset about leaving that weekend because I wanted to see the game, but it turned out we got to see it anyway! Well, the first half anyways. It was pretty upsetting that they lost by 2 points. :( But getting back to my story, after we left the restaurant we went home and went to bed.

Now, I still have some more story to tell, but since this post is getting awfully long, and you're probably bored out of your brain, I'll sign off for now. I'll finish writing the story later today, ok?


No comments:

Post a Comment