Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Awkward and Awesome

Awkward: 

~ This driving situation: You're in the left lane just past an intersection, and there's a semi trying to turn right right next to you, and so they swing out to make the turn. So you move to the left to go around them, and a car comes from the other direction to turn left at the intersection, so you have to actually stop in the road to avoid either hitting the semi turning right, or the car in the turn lane turning left. Yeah, not much fun.

~ Trying to explain to people why I don't believe in dating or college. Yeah, a lot of people just don't get it, and it's hard to explain it in a way that they will.  

~ Walking through the store with a basket full of yarn to buy. People give you weird looks. They just don't seem to understand that some kids have better things to do than stare at their phones or gossip with their friends all day long.

~ Coming to your home in town, which has air conditioning, and being freezing at night because it's so cold compared to the house with no air conditioning. Seriously. It's cold compared to the farm house.

~ Sitting in on Hannah's fiddle lesson. Yeah, that can be very awkward.

~ Talking with people about my business. Online, I can do it just fine. No problems whatsoever. But when it's in person, I feel really awkward talking about it. Especially when people ask me about the money aspect of it.

Awesome: 

~ Going to my dad's softball game, and actually getting to be in the dugout. It actually makes you feel like you're a part of it, even though you aren't actually playing.

~ Poptarts. That may sound pathetic, but this morning was the first time I've had them in probably 8 months.

~ Making my number of blankets to make go from 18 to 16 in one day.

~ Having ice-cold water. Again, this may sound pathetic, but when you live in a house that doesn't have a fridge with an ice maker, so you have to drink lukewarm water, a glass of water with ice in it is like heaven.

~ Getting to drive pretty much everywhere we go. Well, except for when Dad's with us, and except for when we're driving in the middle of town. Mom can't ride in the back seat, and Mom wants me to drive the little van in the middle of town, instead of our big 12 passenger van. But the only time we take the little van is when only some of us go, and whenever we go to town all of us go. So I haven't had any chances to drive in town yet.

~ Having my voice teacher on Sunday call me over to the piano and ask me to sing with him. We sang for like a half hour after church, and it was so much fun, especially since I haven't had voice lessons since the third week of May. I'm missing it pretty much. So that made it extra fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment