Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My birthday and other random stuff


So, I got my new iPad a few days early!!!! When I was in town with Dad on Tuesday, we had time between appointments, so we went by to get it. I love it. :) I'm still trying to get everything set up right now.... My Safari bookmarks, my Bible app, my Etsy app......... It's kinda fun actually. So anyway, like I said, it's a lot easier to blog with. Hooray!!!! 

My birthday was amazing. I wish I had a bunch of pictures, but I only have a couple. Like I said in a previous post, I has a chocolate peanut butter cup smoothie for breakfast. Ah was it amazing!!! Anyone who knows me knows I L O V E chocolate and peanut butter. So that was like heaven. 

Anyway, not much actually happened on my birthday. It was actually a pretty normal day. School, weeding the garden, devotions... But we did get to go get fudge. Hahaha :D There's a little country store down here that makes amazing fudge, and I convinced Mom to take me. :) I got guess what? Chocolate peanut butter fudge. :D I actually wanted orange cream, but they didn't have any that day. So I went with that. 

Oh! I never talked about church! So at our church we always make sure to sing to anyone who's had a birthday in the last week, or has one coming up. Well, Dad always makes sure to do announcements (the time we do it) when one of us kids has a birthday, because he loves making jokes about us and embarrassing us and stuff in his usual Mr. Cameron way. So of course, he did them this time. I was actually pleasantly surprised when instead of making jokes, he brought me up, read some scripture, and them gave me my purity ring. It was pretty sweet actually. I wasn't expecting it at all. I knew I was getting a purity ring, I even knew what it looked like, but I wasn't expecting it yet. It was pretty sweet of Dad. I'll have pictures of it at the end.  

Yesterday was a pretty nice day. I got up, got ready, and Dad and I left at 6:30. We went to 2 houses, and then my voice lesson. It went well, although it was uncomfortable at times. What he's trying to do is get me more comfortable singing in front of people, so he decided to video me. Yeah, I kinda hated that. I'm just not that good at singing in front of anyone, and it was really weird to have him video me singing. But hey, at least I was singing my favorite song ever at the time. :)

After lessons we went to Walmart, where I got yarn, something to fix my ring, (it's a little big) and I looked for a new swimsuit top, but the only ones I could find went down way too low in the back. I don't get how people could wear that stuff. :(

Hmm... Let's see. After Walmart we had another appointment, and then we went to get the iPad. We weren't there very long, so I just had time to pick it up, drop off the check, and pick up my violin. I had sent it with them on Sunday because there was something wrong with it, and I couldn't get it to work. But thankfully Will fixed it so everything was good.

After we left there we went to another appointment, and then to Walmart again to get a case for the iPad. Then we went to dinner. Dad decided to take me out for my birthday. Well, we couldn't decide on where to go all day long, so at the last appointment Dad asked the people there. Well, they both (the realtor and the home inspector) came up with a steak house close by. So, we went there. Felt kinda stupid actually, because I had never been to a steakhouse before, and so the menu meant nothing to me. Dad had to tell me what was good. I ended up getting a Filet Mignon (I think that's how it's spelled) with a baked potato and a salad. Then we got ice cream for dessert. I was so stuffed, but it was good. 

And that was my Tuesday. They're always so busy. Sorry if I bored you with it. It's interesting to me anyway. :)

Um, I guess that's it. Here's the pictures!!!





4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kayla!

    It sounds like you had a lovely birthday, praise the Lord!
    I love your purity ring, it's gorgeous and intricate, yet simple and small all at the same time! :)
    I was wondering what you used to make the ring smaller? My finger is like a size 4 1/2 - 5, and my purity ring always moves around on my finger, and often falls off (it's a size 6), so I had to stop wearing it as often as I would like to because I don't want to loose it. It would be awesome if I could find something that would make it smaller. :)

    The way your Dad presented the ring to you was so special, I wish I could have been there to see it!!!
    I hope you have a very blessed week.
    Your far away friend,
    Bethany


    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, you can now mark off #33 on your list of things to do in 2013. Congratulations on getting your new ipad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bethany! Those are my words for my ring exactly. I love it. :)

    I'm not sure what kind of places you have in Oroville, but in the jewlery section at Walmart, they have a special area for jewlery supples (necklace clasps, chain extensions, earring hooks ect.). There I found something called a ring snuggie. It's actually a clear tube-type thing that you put around your ring on the back so it sits more snugly. I'm so glad I found it because my ring is too big too, and I really wanted to wear it. The pack I got came with like 6 in different sizes.

    Haha yup I can. :D There's actually a couple of things I can mark off, I've just been to lazy to do it. :D Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayla,

    I thought you might like this recipe. I found it and made it today and it's pretty tasty. Maybe a little celebration when you get all your blankets finished. :)

    http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/06/lunch-lady-peanut-butter-bars.html

    ReplyDelete