Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Update

(I wrote this Saturday, but I'm just now getting around to posting it)

Ok, so ya know what's kind of really awkward? When you go to your grandma's house, and she reprimands you for not posting in awhile. :)

Yeah, I know it's been awhile. Things have just been so crazy hectic lately, and it's been difficult to keep up with things lately. I've had 15+ blankets to make at all times, I started voice lessons again, plus just the regular goings-on when you're in a family of 9.

About my Etsy shop: I had a huge order last month, (I don't know if I posted about that or now) and that put me pretty behind. At one point I had 19 blankets to make. I was so stressed out, but I couldn't do anything about it. Normally when I'm stressed I just shut down. But unfortunately, I couldn't do that this time. I had to just keep going. Which I suppose that was good for me, but I still didn't like it. :) Right now I have 15, but that's not too bad. I just have to keep telling myself to just do it one blanket at a time. I'm really grateful for all the orders though. That's what's giving me enough to get my iPad. :)

Danielle is 6 months old now, and she is the cutest baby ever. Seriously. I love her to death. She "talks" all the time, which is so cute. She can almost sit up by herself, but not quite yet. And she's just learning how to roll over. She can't do it all the time, but she can occasionally. Of course, once she gets on her stomach, she's kind of freaked out by it and not sure what to think, and then she start's crying. :( It's still rather cute though. She slobbers all. the. time., and she chews on everything she can get her little hands on. :)

Like I said, I started voice again this month. So far my lessons haven't been too great, but considering I had a 6 week break, I have a little catching up to do right now. It has been nice to go with Dad again. I love getting to go with him and meet all the people that he knows. Although I have to say, sometimes, when I'm following him around, I get so bored out of my brain I think sitting down and watching golf for 12 hours straight would be more interesting. :) It still is nice to be a part of something that he does.

My 16th birthday is on Monday, which I'm pretty excited about. That's the day when I get to 1. Get my purity ring, and 2. I get to start painting my fingernails. Right now I can only do clear. It's not going to be too big of a day, in that it's a Monday, so Dad'll be at work, and we don't do presents or anything on b irthdays, (we wait until the birthday party) but I'm still looking forward to it. I decided this morning what I want to eat throughout the day, and it all happens to be healthy, although when I tell you what I'm having you won't think so. For breakfast I'm going to have a peanut butter and chocolate shake, for lunch pizza, for dinner enchiladas, and cheesecake for dessert. Yup, none of it sounds healthy, but I happen to have recipes for all of this stuff that are. Mwahaha. So I can have all of this stuff and not worry. ;)

Next Friday us, my cousin and aunt, our pastor's family, and some other friends are going to a water park. I'm SO looking forward to it. Normally we wouldn't be able to do this kind of thing, except our library's summer reading program has the tickets as prizes for finishing, and we all did the program. It's gonna be so much fun. I'm a little concerned about my bathing suit though. I know that sounds stupid, but I think some girls out there would get it. See, I have this one piece bathing suit that I like, but I really wanted a skirt with it. So I went on to Etsy and found a seller who made me a long, modest skirt, but it looks funny over my one piece. So I think I'll probably just end up wearing my skirt (that happens to have shorts built in) and a big tee shirt. The skirt is a little tighter than what I would like, so that seems like a good way to balance it out and make it more modest. I don't know what I'll do. What are your thoughts on keeping swimsuits modest?

My driving is going well. I drive us into town every week (unless I have blankets I have to get done, and then I crochet and Mom drives), and I've started driving in town now, which is a little stressful at times, but I like it. I'm only about 2 months away from being able to get my license, and I'm glad I'm finally driving in town, because I was worried that if I didn't start soon, once I did get my license Mom wouldn't even let me drive to town by myself. But you know what the good thing is? Since I got my permit here, I'll take my road test here, which is going to be pretty darn easy. ;) I've had so much time driving here, I pretty much don't have to think about it anymore. :) I'm so grateful for that. If I had to take my road test in town, I might not get my license.

The day has been spent in various ways by various people. Mom has spent most of the day cooking and cleaning, I've spent it crocheting, cleaning, doing laundry and now posting, the little kids have been playing, and Dad, Jonathan and Hannah have had their own project. A guy that Dad works with had all these metal panels, and he sold a bunch of them to us. Dad's going to use them to make a fence for cattle. So he's been doing a lot of welding today. He got the first load of panels a couple weeks ago, and I guess he's going back this afternoon to get some more. I'm probably not going to be able to get any pics today, but I can guarantee you there's going to be a lot more weekends spent like this, so eventually I'll get some.

Hmmm. Anything else? Oh! I am hopefully going to get a new outfit post up soon. I already took pics for one, but I didn't like the way they turned out nearly as much as the first one. Besides, the only background I had was our wall, which didn't look very nice. But with all the rain we've been getting lately, we actually have some nice grass growing all over the property. It's turning rather green. :)

Oh! See, I keep thinking of stuff.:) We've gone to the movies 3 times in the last month, which has been awesome. Twice we went to our little theater down here, and once to the one in town, because they didn't have the movie in our theater anymore. That's been fun. Before this last month I havent' been to the movies in years. The first time we went to see Monster's University, which was fun. I've seen Monster's Inc. more times than I can count, so it was nice to see the prequel. :) The second time we went to see Man of Steel, which was awesome, (Us older kids went with my aunt and cousin) and the third time (Wednesday) we went to see Turbo, which had just come out that day. It's been pretty nice to not have to go to church and hear all these other movie-goer familes talk about all these movies that they've seen recently and you have no idea what they're talking about. :) Have you ever experienced that? People are all talking about this thing that you have NO idea what they're talking about, and it's driving you crazy? Yeah. Well, now I know about some of the stuff they were talking about. :D

Ok, now I think I'm done. :) At least I can't come up with anything else to post about... So, until later!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment