Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 1 of the tournament

Day one is over! And boy was it a long one. There were 4 games, each one being about 2 hours long, plus a half hour in between. We got there at about 11 (the first game started at 12), and left at about 9:45 I think, and that was at halftime of the last game. I didn't get to bed until almost 11 last night. I am so worn out, but it was a fun day. And guess what? We get to do it again today! :)


This is the view from our original seats (we didn't end up sitting here). It looks farther easy than it is and I'm not sure why...


This is the view from where we actually ended up sitting. See, the steps are too hard for Aunt Suzie, so we talked with some people, and they moved us to a handicapped section, where she didn't have to climb any stairs. We're level with the walkway. That was really nice.


This is in between sessions. The sessions were 2 games long, and then you had a break to go get food and stuff before the last 2 games. 


This picture is an interesting story.... This guy did contests and giveaways and stuff during timeouts and halftime, and before the second session started and there were a lot of people, Aut Suzie actually managed to flag him down (he was on court), and let him know that she was sitting there, and that he should bring something around for her. Then she got her picture taken with him. Nana and I were laughing so hard. :D

Also, Aunt Suzie decided that she's getting married. You see, there was this guy there who was telling people where their seats were, and she started talking to him. His name is John, he's 83, he's had cancer twice, and he's from Iowa. She figured she knew enough about him that she should get married. :D Nana and I have been laughing ever since then about Aunt Suzie and her 'boyfriend'. She really is a character. :D


Nana says hi!!!


And this is me at breakfast. Oh! I just noticed! I'm wearing the necklace that I bought the first day. What do you think?

Alright, that's it for today. We have another long day of 4 games (Arizona's playing today!), and then tomorrow we only have 2. The first one tomorrow isn't until 6, so we're going to go and do stuff around town, since we haven't had time since we got here except for Tuesday night. I'm hoping to have more pictures, although I already have a bunch as it is.  :D






1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun! I like your necklace!
    Wanted to let you know, you've been awarded here, at my blog!

    ReplyDelete