Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Random happenings

Hey everyone!! Sorry for the lack of posting... I have been busier business-wise than I ever have before, and I'm still trying to learn to balance my time.

A lot has been going on lately! I'm really, really excited for my trip to Las Vegas. We leave next Tuesday! I can't believe how quickly time has flown. It seems like just yesterday that I found out I was going. :) My aunt has been trying to get me to pack for a month now. :D I keep trying to explain to her that if I pack, I won't have any of that stuff until we leave, but she's still been trying. :) I'm a little bummed about having to miss my voice lesson, since we're leaving on Tuesday, but I'm only missing one, so it's not that bad. The most stressful part has been figuring out the business aspect of it. I'm definitely going to have to work on blankets while I'm there, but I've been trying to figure out what yarn I need to bring with me, and what ones I should work on. If you all would pray for travel safety, I would really appreciate it. It's just me, my 76 year old grandma, and my 78 year old aunt, and while they both get around pretty well (my grandma more so than my aunt), it's still going to be a long trip. It's 6 1/2 hours to Las Vegas, not counting stopping for gas or food or anything like that. So anyway, I would definitely appreciate prayers. :)

The other day Dad and us kids went to see The Lego Movie. A bunch of the kids had wanted to go see it, and since it was ending in our theatre the next day, we figured we'd better get in and see it. :) I can't say it was my favorite movie ever (I'm totally not into Legos), but it was pretty good. There was a lot of good, clean humor, and overall it was just a cute movie. :) Also, I don't know how many of you have seen The Hunger Games, but the actor who plays Effie in that series voiced the main character's love interest in The Lego Movie. I was telling Hannah on the way home, that I personally think that Elizabeth Banks (the actor) should have totally done Wyldstyle (the Lego)'s character with a Capitol accent....

I have seriously been loving the soundtrack from the movie Frozen. Like, seriously. I have not seen the movie yet (much to my shagrin!), but I have heard quite a bit of the music, and I'm so in love. "Let It Go" is just plain amazing, and I love "Love is an Open Door" too. :) 

Yesterday I had a rather interesting experience at my violin lesson. I got there, and there were people taking lessons that I didn't know (the same people have had lessons before me the whole year), and my teacher wasn't the one teaching. I was really confused, like "Is today Thursday?" Apparently I just had a substitute, and I didn't know it. My sub was actually Miss Anna's son, which made me feel better. I've never met him before, and only seen him once. It wasn't as bad as I thought, although it was certainly different. He focuses on a lot of things that Miss Anna doesn't, like phrasing, crescendos and  decrescendos, while Miss Anna's a lot more technical, but overall it wasn't bad. The thing that really messed me up was that we actually switched violins during the lesson. I really need a better quality violin, and the one that I have is really bad at getting louder and softer and stuff like that without getting squeaky, so we switched so I could practice it. His violin was a lot heavier, and I've had my violin for almost 4 years now, and never played any others, so it was really weird. I did alright though. Miss Anna's been my teacher ever since I started playing (with help from friends occasionally), so it was interesting to see someone else's teaching style. I will definitely be happy to have Miss Anna back, although her son was really nice. He used all these analogies, which is something that Miss Anna doesn't do. That was nice. :) 

Alright, I'm done with my rambling right now. My next post will probably be from Las Vegas. Tomorrow we'll be gone all day, Sunday we have a rodeo to help at (a 4-H thing) plus church, and then Monday we have friends coming over. So I probably won't have a chance to post until Tuesday night, after we get to Las Vegas. I'm planning on taking a million pictures over the course of the trip, so I'll have lots to share!!! Look forward to that. :)

Kayla


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the pictures you take while you're in Las Vegas!! I'll be praying for your traveling safety. :-) Have fun!!! :-D

    -Sarah Fast-

    ReplyDelete