Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

I've decided something....

2 recitals in 3 weeks is WAY TOO MUCH!!! There was the one a few weeks ago, and then there was one yesterday. This one was Hannah's and my violin recital. I have videos from that too, but I STILL haven't gotten the videos from the last recital. I know, I'm a terrible blogger. But it's kind of hard when the device that has the videos on it is with my dad at work all day long. I'll try really hard to get at least some of them up this week.

Hannah was so nervous yesterday. She seriously looked like she would faint. Poor thing. This was her first time going up on stage and performing an instrument. But as soon as we got there, she seemed to be doing better.

We played with our teacher and 2 other kids. The first song Hannah and I did with our teacher, then we did a second song with all 4 of us. Then, Hannah left, and the 3 of us did a third song. And then I left and the other 2 did a song. Us kids went backstage to practice it before it started, and I think we just annoyed people who were trying to tune guitars and stuff. :) (hehehe) 4 violins playing together is pretty loud.

Our teacher wanted all of us to sit in the front row, in the order that we were playing, so we knew when it was our turn. Hannah and I were pretty close to the beginning, which helped, because then I didn't have to think about it for too long. :) I was shaking SO bad. The video that we have of that song, when I put it up, you can tell by listening that I was shaking. My bow was literally bouncing up and down. :)

After we did our first song, they did some piano songs. I'm not really sure why they broke it up, but they did. So, I thought there was still about 5 people until our turn, so I went to the bathroom. And I was only gone for like 5 minutes. But then I came back, and found out that everyone was waiting for me. Oops. :) So we rushed on stage, and did our other songs. Thank goodness, this time I wasn't shaking at all. I guess it was a good thing that they broke up our songs. If they hadn't, I probably would have been shaking through all 3 songs. But anyway, I guess it went ok. I mean, I definitely messed up, (I mean, not like forgot the notes or anything, but since I only have 2 tapes on my fingerboard instead of 4, sometimes my fingers-especially my pinky-miss the note and I have to adjust it a little until it sounds right) but overall it went pretty well.

We left at intermission, to much of our family's dismay. But, Dad doesn't appreciate music as much as some of us do, and he wanted to go to fellowship at church. There were several people that we knew that were playing, but we only got to hear one performance. The rest of them were in the second half. (Although, the one that we did hear was really good. :) ) But, since Dad wanted to leave, we did.

Fellowship was the same as always. Eat, play football, get exhausted. :D I'm still not so sure it's such a good idea to go out and play football right after we eat. :) Most of us can't go as fast as we normally can. :)

So, that's all for now. Like I said, I'll try and get at least SOME of the videos up this week.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment