Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Recital

Ok, so today was the recital that I was talking about, and it was... interesting. There were some WONDERFULLY talented people, and all the younger kids adorable. There was this one girl at the beginning that sang 'God Bless the U.S.A' by Lee Greenwood. She was so sweet.

I was actually really shocked. Almost the whole time leading up to when we were performing, I wasn't nervous. Like at all. Normally when I'm getting ready to do anything in front of people, whether it be playing piano, reciting Bible verses, or anything else... my heart starts beating so hard I'm worried that the people at the VERY back of the church can hear it. But today I actually didn't start getting nervous until we got there, and Wes and I went into one of the other rooms to practice. Then, after that, I wasn't nervous again.

We all stood in the back corner of the room (there wasn't enough seats) and watched until it was our turn. We were supposed to go and sit on chairs next to the stage when it was almost our turn, and that's when I REALLY started getting nervous. Mom said that when she looked over at me when I was sitting there, that I looked like I was going to throw up. :) I probably looked that way, but thank goodness I didn't feel that way.

When it was our turn, we went up on stage, and I had to introduce the song. I was actually more nervous about that than the actualy singing, because I really don't like talking up on stage in front of people. When I'm singing I kinda' get lost in the music by the end, but talking is different. But I got through that, and I actually said something along the lines of what I was going to say. I was worried I would be so nervous that I would completely forget what I was going to say.

When I first started singing, I was so nervous, and I'm sure it must have sounded awful. But, towards the end of the song, I finally 'found my voice', as Mom puts it, and it sounded somwehat better. :) I was shaking so bad the whole time I felt like my legs were going to come right out from under me. But it turned out ok.

After we finished, my grandma, who had come to see me sing, said that both she and my other grandma, who was also there, were both in tears the whole time. :) So I think that meant I did ok. I haven't actually watched the video yet. I'm kinda' scared to. :D Hannah said that Mr. Addleman, my voice teacher, was smiling the whole time I was singing. I'm not sure if I know exactly what that means. I didn't dare look at him while I was singing. I was too nervous. :)

So, I'll post videos tomorrow. Right now I'm tired and I'm ready to go to bed. :D Plus, I'd better watch the one of me and Wes and make sure I even dare post it. :D

I was really nervous leading up to this, because I really haven't ever sang in front of people. But, looking back over the whole experience, from practicing leading up to today, even though it definitely wasn't my best, I still had fun. And, I've already told him this, but I just wanted to say thanks to Wes. He really helped me a LOT getting ready for this, and there's no way that I would have been able to get up on stage by myself. Plus, you did a really great job with the guitar. :)

Ok, so I just realized I'm kinda' starting to ramble somewhat. Like I said earlier, I'll post videos tomorrow. :)

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment