Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Update

Yeah, yeah. I know. Bad blogger person. But, I have excuses. The flu, Christmas, a baby coming in a week.... There just hasn't been much time for writing lately. 

We're finally home now after being in town since Tuesday. Mom had a doctor's appointment early Wednesday morning, so we decided to stay at the house in town Tuesday night so we didn't have to leave super early. Like 6 o'clock early. Well, technically 6:00 isn't early in of itself, but when you think about having to get 8 people ready to go and to pack food and clothes and stuff too.... 6 is early. So we left Tuesday afternoon. 

Wednesday Mom had her doctor's appointment, and now we finally have a date. Danielle Marie is coming next Thursday. January 17, 2013. I'm so excited. We have music lessons that day, so my grandma is probably going to take us there and then to the hospital. I feel sorry for our teachers. Our attention span that day is going to be about the length of a gnat's. Seriously. It's going to be SO hard to concentrate. Oh well. Don't worry, I will take PLENTY of pictures. :) 

Wednesday I also had my voice lesson. It was really nice. It actually went better than I thought it would. I always have a hard time right after a break. (We just had a 3 week Christmas break) I was so relieved this time. :) Although it's weird. I don't actually know what made it such a good lesson, it just was. 

Thursday we had violin and piano. Well, we were supposed to have violin, it just didn't happen. You see, we got there, and it turns out our teacher wasn't there. Apparently she was out of town and had tried to get a hold of everyone, but I guess she didn't have Mom's new phone number. Oh well. At least we were only a couple blocks away from piano lessons! :) So we went and hung out while Sarah and Jonathan had their piano lessons. It was fun. :)

Thursday night we watched the U of A vs. Oregon basketball game. They lost. :( After winning their first 14 games, they lost. Oh well. They made a valiant effort. It just wasn't enough. It was so cute. Annabeth was watching, and she kept yelling, 'Just give up Oregon! Just go home!' It was adorable. She is very much looking forward to going to her first Arizona basketball game. She's never been to one before, but all of the rest of us have been to several, and so she wants to have some fun too. The problem is that the games are so late. The starting times of them pretty much all range from 6:00-9:00. Then you take into consideration the fact that the games are 2 hours long... It's pretty late. But Nana has found one that should be early enough for her to go, so that's good. There's only 2 home games left before my great-great aunt comes to visit for 6 weeks from Ohio. She'll stay with my grandma and go to the rest of the games with her. 

Friday we spent quite a bit of the morning getting the house clean after we got back. Plus, this neighbor of ours came over. You see, on this vacant lot next door to us the well on the property just spews out water non stop. And nobody knew who owned the property so that we could tell them and it could get fixed. Well, turns out this person owned it, but couldn't figure out why the well was squirting out water. He didn't have any power going to it. Well, turns out that the person that used to own this property also used to own that property, and so both the well on our property and that well were hooked up together. So basically we've been powering that well the whole entire time. And we didn't know about it. So they capped off that well (whatever that means) so it won't spray water anymore. That should also help our electric bill. :)

Friday afternoon we spent a lot of time working on the fence out front. Well, painting it actually. And do you have any idea how much fence there is out there? Seriously. By the time I was done my hand was so sore and cramped I thought it was going to fall off. Which would have made playing violin awfully difficult.... It's not done yet, but it's pretty close. Besides, we were out of paint. It's hard to paint a fence without paint. :) 

This morning Dad and Jonathan went to town to go to a friend of our's house. Dad went to go fix their dryer, and Jonathan went to play games with a bunch of the boys from church. We came into town right after lunch. And that's where we are now. Mom is laying down, Dad is out in the garage making drawers for the kitchen, (something we STILL don't have) Jonathan is still gone, I'm working on a blanket, and the other kids are doing random things. Not exactly sure what. :) 

So that's my update for today! I'm going to try and posts quite a bit over the next few weeks. I promise!!! And yeah, I know you've heard that before, but I do promise. Besides, I'm going to be so excited about the baby coming the only thing to do is going to be writing. :) And like I said, I promise I'll post tons of pictures!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment