Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Awkward and Awesome

Awkward:

~ Finding out 10 minutes before my violin recital starts that I'm playing my song with a kid half my age and half my size. Really embarassing. Thank goodness he didn't end up playing. :)

~ Having 9 fingernails painted and one not because my one nail decided it was a good idea to have all my nailpolish peel off in one big layer while I was weeding the garden. Yeah, I'm gonna have to fix that...

~ Having people mistake you for Mom because apparently you look the same from the back. It gets really tiring being called Mom all the time. :)

~ Having the baby spit up down the front of your shirt

~ The look on my brother's face when he finds out I've done 2 units of my Geometry in 2 days. (There's 10 units)

~ Watching a new movie and find out where Dad got this one term that he's used with us for forever and ever. The Crane Technique just took on a whole new meaning.

~ Realizing I have somewhat of a lip balm addiction. I think I have 17 tubes right now.



Awesome:

~ FINALLY getting through my Algebra. Between Pre-Algebra and Algebra 1, it took me about 3 years.

~ Having Danielle do baby talk all. day. long. It's really cute. :)

~ Getting a package in the mail from a super sweet friend of mine that I met through Etsy. She sent me some "I Love This Yarn" From Hobby Lobby. I've never tried it before, because we just got a Hobby Lobby here, and the only time I'm near it is on Sunday, when it's closed. The color pink she sent me is the prettiest ever! I am so in love already. :) And, the package had Snoopy on it. I mean, how much better can it get???

~ Finally getting some lip balm in the mail that I ordered a couple weeks ago. Chocolate Caramel Popcorn Lip Balm. I mean, how awesome does that sound? Since the real stuff is so unhealty for you, this is the next best thing. :)

~ Looking forward with great anticipation to a conference this weekend I'm going to. It goes from Friday night through Saturday. Like all day Saturday. Like 7:15 in the morning to 8:15 at night all day. I'm SO looking forward to it!















5 comments:

  1. Wow, that lip balm sounds really exotic!!! How do you like it? I can relate to you with the first awkward thing on your list. However, I knew three weeks before the recital that I was playing with this girl that was three years younger than me and around two feet shorter. Although, for some reason, it didn't really bother me then, which was surprising because EVERYTHING like that used to bother me. :( :)
    The conference your going to attend sound like it will be fun! What's the theme of the conference?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bethany! Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I love the lip balm, although I haven't used it much yet. I'm trying to use up some of my old ones. :)

      As for the conference, it was by Eric and Leslie Ludy, and it was called "Set Apart Girl". It was all about being separate from the world. I'm going to try and do a post about it tomorrow...

      Delete
    2. I love the Ludy's!!! They have an amazing ministry for young people, as well as amazing hearts for Jesus!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing Algebra! =]
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete