Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

I can't think of a title....

I can't. I've got too much random stuff to talk about today, that I can't think of anything to title it. Hm.....

An update on the recital: It went really, REALLY well. I did 3 songs, and I wasn't nervous for any of them. Like, not at all. My heart wasn't beating any faster, and I didn't have any butterflies, which is really weird, because normally when I'm going to perform I'm a nervous wreck. My teacher ended up doing the accompaniment with me, although I literally didn't know that until I walked on stage to do the song. That was a little stressful, but it turned out ok. I don't know what happened though, because what she was playing was different than what she did on Thursday. It didn't sound nearly as thin. Although on the music stand on stage she had music for different songs, and I don't know how she could have memorized something that fast... Dad had pneumonia, and couldn't come, so we left early so we could get home, and we didn't go to church. Mom doesn't like night driving at all, so unless Dad can come with us, we don't go. Although, by the time we got back home it was still 7:00.

Hm... Monday was a quiet day at home, and so was Tuesday, for me anyway. Jonathan had an orthodontist appointment in town, so Mom and the rest of the family went to town while I stayed home. Like all by myself. And when you're in a family of 9, that's like heaven to have it be completely quiet for like 6 hours. I got some math done, got some laundry and baking done, and just kind of hung out. They left at 10:15, and didn't get home until about 5. It was really nice for it to be so quiet. That's hard to get around here. :) In fact, most of the time I can't read any books because it's too noisy and I can't focus on it. How sad is that? :) I have to either wake up really early or go to bed late if I want to read anything. That or get my school done early and read while everyone else is doing theirs. :)

Wednesday I had an awesome day. Of course, I went into town again with Dad, although this time Annabeth came too. We've started doing sleepovers on Wednesdays, because then we can come pick them up Thursday when we're in town. So Annabeth came with us, and Dad dropped both of us off at Grandma's house. Most of the time he's got early appointments, and can't actually take me to lessons. So about 8:45 we went to Walmart, because I had some yarn I needed to get to finish orders. (Side note, yes, I have orders again! I've sold 3 blankets since I've opened back up, although I don't have any to make right now because I already finished them. (: ) I actually ended up getting a bunch of useless stuff I don't need because I was trying to waste time, since my lesson wasn't until 10:15. 'Cause girls, you know how it is. You're just wandering aimlessly through the store, and you see something that, even though you don't actually need it, you really, really want it. Yeah, that's about the jist of it. So I got a bunch of stuff I didn't need. Oh well. :) After we left Walmart we went to the bank, and then to Walmart Neighborhood Market. But that didn't take much time, and I ended up making it to my 10:15 lesson at 9:45. I was there before the student that goes before me was there. How sad is that? But oh well. I got to talk with the Addleman girls, which I always love. :) I don't get to talk with them much at church anymore, since I really don't play football anymore, so it's nice to have them all to myself. :D

My lesson was ok. It was my last one until the middle of July, which I'm kinda' sad about. These next few weeks are gonna kill me, not having violin or voice. It did last year, it will this year. But that's ok.

My other grandma picked me up, since it's easier for Dad to go to her house right smack in the middle of town than to my other's, pretty south of town. So I went back to her house, ate lunch, and then Dad picked me up. That was at about 11:30, and Dad's 1:00 appointment cancelled, so he didn't have to be anywhere until 3:30. And this is where the fun happened. :) First we went to Chicago Music. They were having a huge sale to get rid of all their sheet music, so pretty much the music was $3 a pound. Yup, you didn't pay per book, you payed per pound. Mom and the rest of the family went Tuesday, and got like 30 books. Then Dad and I went and got like 10 more. :) We have sheet music coming out of our ears right now, which is a good thing considering I don't have lessons. There's only so far I can go with my violin without my teacher. I have plenty to keep me busy. :)

After Chicago Music, we went mini-golfing, which was awesome. :D Although I have to tell you, I still don't understand men's appeal to golf. I really don't. It seems so. stinking. boring. And yeah, I know mini-golfing is way different, but you're still using a club to hit a ball into a hole. Same sport, just played differently. Anyway, it was fun, especially when Dad would hit a ball, it'd go right into the hole... and then bounce out. :D Of course, then he'd laugh when it happened to me, which wasn't as fun. :)

And THEN, we went to the mall. I hadn't been there ever, and it had been over 10 years for Dad. We just walked around for awhile, (and that mall is HUGE, so we never ran out of places to walk) and then Dad got a sub for lunch, and we both got some frozen yogurt. It was nice getting to go and do stuff, but it was really nice to just be able to hang out with him. You know, a lot of times it's not doing stuff that you want to do with your parents, it's just being with them. That's part of the reason I like getting to go with Dad so much. Going to appointments and following him around, and then standing there while he explains to the buyers all the stuff that's wrong with their house isn't necessarily fun, but it's nice just being with him. Although I do have to say, I do like getting to meet all the people he knows. Pretty much every single one asks me "Is your dad this funny at home?" Yup, he is. :)

Then, we finally went to an appointment. I already knew the home inspector, which was nice. He and his wife gave us clothes for Danielle, plus he plays on Dad's softball team. So I know him pretty well. :) I don't have anything too interesting about the appointment to report, though. :) So basically we went home, I ate dinner, and then I went to bed.

Thursday was another quiet day at home, but Friday was more interesting. We went to town to pick up Annabeth, (who stayed 2 nights because Mom was having stomach troubles Thursday and we couldn't go to town) and went swimming at my grandma's pool. That was awesome. :) It was my first time going swimming this year, and it felt amazing. The pool here opens up tomorrow, so hopefully we should be able to go soon. :) But you know the really awesome part of going to town? I got to drive. Like the whole way. Like 60 miles of freeway. That was super fun. It was a little bit freaky though, because it was my first time driving the 12 passenger van, (I always drive our 7 passenger) and I did it on the freeway. :D It was ok though. I managed to get everyone home safely, so..... :)

After we left Grandma's, we went to Lowe's, to get some stuff for building a fence. Then, we went and met Dad at Chicago Music. (Yes, again) They were having a 20% off Memorial Day sale, and so we went and eventually got a new piano. The one that we have doesn't have weighted keys, and since the one that they take their lessons on does, it was a good idea to get a new one. So we did. It's just a keyboard, but it's a lot nicer than the one we have. I also got a new shoulder rest for my violin. The one that I had is apparently a cheap knockoff version of a more expensive one, and it's not very good quality. It actually hurt at times to play with it. So I got a new one, which is SO much nicer. I love it. :)

Hm. I think that's it. I'll post about this weekend later. I'm tired of typing right now. :) Besides, I need to do math.

Oh, one more thing. Just a little thing I've been thinking about. What would ya'll think if I were to start posting pics of my outfits every once in awhile? I don't think they're anything special, in fact they can be downright boring sometimes, but I think it'd be fun. :) Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything went well for your recital. (I knew it would!) :) Will you be going into book two of Suzuki when your violin lessons start again next school year? I really like your idea of taking pictures of your outfits and posting them on your blog! It would put a different twist on your blog that I would definitely be interested in! You said that you would put the pictures on every once in awhile, so I was thinking that maybe you could post a picture once a week of your favorite outfit that week. Just a thought.
    Have a blessed day!
    Your friend, Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bethany!

    Thanks! I'm glad everything turned out ok. :) Yes, I'll be going into book 2. In fact, I've already learned the first song. :)

    Oh good, I'm glad you like the idea! I think it would be fun. :) I've been trying to come up with ways to make my blog more interesting, and I came up with that, and doing awkward and awesomes. I think that would be fun too...

    Kayla

    ReplyDelete