Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

MORE music troubles

Ok, so I have a new development in my whole violin craziness. So I go to lessons yesterday, all ready to do the new song. Like I said, it's not really a big deal, because I've known the song for a long time. So anyway, we go through Minuet 2, (the song Hannah and I are doing together) and then it's time to do Minuet 3, which is the one that I moved to from Gavotte. Well..... I thought she had the harmony, and she thought I had the harmony. So basically we had no way for her to play it with me. Now, I'm sorry, but there is NO way that I am getting up on that stage and playing that piece all by myself. No way on earth. Miss Anna can come up with a harmony as she goes, but it sounds... I don't know... Thin. There isn't as much depth to it as there is when she has the harmony. So she suggested that I ask Mrs. MacDonald to accompany me on the piano. Well, Mrs. MacDonald is really busy right now with Wes' graduation, (we're going to the ceremony tonight) plus apparently she had said she wasn't going to accompany anyone this year. She did it last year, and it was just too much for her. But, Mom said we could ask. We called, but she wasn't home, and we hadn't heard back from her. So, the only other person that I could think of that is really good at piano and could pull it together that fast, plus was already gonna be there, was Azlan Addleman. He plays on Dad's softball team, so I brought the sheet music for the piano accomaniment with me to the game. I asked him, and he said he'd see what he could do, but I could tell he really didn't want to do it (he had just explained to me on Wednesday how much he HATES recitals), and I didn't want to stress him out, so I told him not to worry about it. So now I don't have an accompaniment, and the recital is in 2 days. Ugh. I really don't have any other options other than to do it with Miss Anna, which like I said sounds thin. I am so at a loss.......

1 comment:

  1. Although I have never gone through as much trouble for a recital as you are right now, I have been in some pretty tight spots, and I found what works the best for me is to put everything in God's hands and (even though it might seem impossible) forget about the recital and how nervous you are about performing. I don't know about you, but whenever I get up on stage I get an adrenalin rush that takes all my nervousness away, which is completely contrary to how I feel when I'm waiting for my turn on stage. Yes, I have made mistakes before in front of a bunch of people, but I realized that no one in the audience is looking for the mistakes, in fact many of them are probably in the same boat as you are (to nervous about their own performance that they don't even notice). I'll be praying that everything works out for you, and I know you'll perform wonderfully despite the problems that you are encountering.

    ReplyDelete