Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

A new addition

Hey ya'll!!!!! Sorry it's been so long since I've done a decent post! Things have been so crazy around here lately. Why you may ask? Because we're getting....

*drumroll*

Horses!!!!!

Yup, this weekend 2 horses are coming to live with us. Someone that Dad works with is giving them to us. They're both boys, and they're 19 and 20, I believe. So they're older, but that's good because they'll be good with the little kids.

So, we've spent over 2 weeks now getting ready. Because we had absolutely nothing ready for any sort of large animals. Like, nothing. No fence, no shelter, nothing. So we had to start from scratch. Another person that Dad knows (you'd be surprised at how many people he knows) had some really cool panels that he sold us for really cheap. They involve cutting, grinding and welding before they're ready for a fence, but they're still really cool. The fence is almost done, and they're putting a roof on the shelter. I say they, because truthfully I haven't been doing much to help. Because I have blankets I have to get done and stuff, Mom decided to put me inside. So I work on the cooking, cleaning, laundry and taking care of Danielle, and they work outside. Fine with me! Besides, after 2 weeks of seeing pretty much just me during the day, Danielle is finally starting to like me. :)

Things were going well, and they were almost done, but we had kind of a blow. Yesterday the guy who is giving us the horses came over, and there's a LOT to modify. I would explain, but it's hard without pictures, which unfortunately I don't have right now. Let's just say there's a lot more work to do. But that's ok, we want the horses to be safe and not hurt themselves.

And that's why I've been gone! I will take TONS of pictures on Saturday (or Sunday) when they come. Everyone's pretty excited, except for Jonathan. He's never wanted horses. But I'm sure he'll warm up to the idea once he gets to know them!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Kayla! CONGRATULATIONS! Horses are tons an tons of fun! Congrats again!

    ~Sarah Fast~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That's so cool!! You'll love having them!! They ARE tons of fun!!! What are they're names??

    ~Teresa Fast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Teresa! Yeah, I can't wait. Their names are Skippy and Huey. Not my favorite names on the planet, but it's not like you can change them now! :D

      Delete