Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Special Opportunity

So, I might have a special opportunity coming up in the next couple months. I don't know if it'll happen, but I'd sure be happy if I did.

So, Mon had been talking about getting us into 4-H this year. I did it briefly a couple years ago, which was fun, but no one else has. So, we were gonna start this year. Mom went to get some more rock for our driveway the other day, and was talking with the lady there about it, because her kids do 4-H. Well, we thought it started in September, but here it starts in January, because our fair here is at the end of September.

Well, Mom and I had talked briefly before about what I would be involved with. Nothing really suited me except for cake decorating and crochet. The cake decorating sounds awesome, but Mom and I were concerned that the crochet would be very beginner oriented, and I would get bored. Then Mom came up with an idea. I could help teach. Sure, why not? I know enough to help teach a beginner class.

So back to the rock lady. She and Mom started talking about me and the crochet (I wasn't there), and the lady said that she didn't think they had a crochet class, (even though the website said they did), but that if someone was willing to teach it, they'd jump all over it. So, there may, just may, be an opportunity for me to teach it all. by. myself. I'm pretty jazzed. I think it'd be so much fun to do. I've wanted to start teaching for the longest time, but I never have had the chance. And now,  I might! We'll have to wait and see. Again, it doesn't start till January, but the lady suggested that we come to this month's meeting and talk to some people. I would be do excited if I could do this. Plus, it would give me an opportunity to meet people. I haven't met any other girls since we moved here. It would be nice to get to know some people...

What do you think? I this cool or what?!?

2 comments:

  1. Kayla, I think this would be a wonderful opportunity for you! I'll pray that if it is the Lord's will, He makes a way for it to happen. : )

    ReplyDelete