Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Etsy Talk

Like I have said in previous posts, I enjoy talking about my business, so I'm going to. :)
My blanket count right now is actually pretty low. I only have 8 blankets to make for orders, plus 4 for someone Dad works with. So, I don't have much to do right now, which makes me HAPPY!!! I love doing this, but there are a lot of other things I want to do too.

For instance, I've had some time to work on new blankets. I have a show I want to do the beginning of October, but since I don't have any blankets in stock, I need something to sell. So, I've been working on some new stuff. The good thing is, sales are somewhat slow, so I can do that without it putting me behind. I've got one done, and one in progress. One is a brown and bright pink shell, and one is a light pink, light yellow and lavender shell. I like both of them quite a bit. As soon as I get pics I'll post them. But anyway, I've been having a lot of fun coming up with new color combinations. I also figured out how to do the shell with a bigger size hook, but still make it the same size. The shells take the longest by far, but this cuts down on quite a bit of time.

I've actually had to do a lot of figuring stuff out lately. I figured out how to modify the shell, and I have 2 orders right now that are for custom sizes. I like getting to come up with new sizes, although they're pretty much always bigger, which means they take me more time. But it took me forever after I started doing custom orders to figure out that I should write down how many chains I did, how many rows I did, as well as how much I charged for it. So now I have a very nice little repertoire of sizes. It makes my life SO much easier. :) Unfotunately, both of these happen to be sizes I haven't done already. :D Oh well. :)

This question is more for people that know my shop, and found me through Etsy, but it may apply for everyone. I'm curious. What are some color combinations that you think would be pretty that I could add to my shop? I've got more ideas than I can count, but I can't tell you how many times I've had people custom order colors, and I've gone, "Wow, I would have never thought of that, but that looks amazing!!" So I'm asking. Are there any colors that you think would be pretty together?

Ok, I guess that's all I have to say right now. It's been pretty slow lately, so there isn't much to talk about. :) Adios!!!

4 comments:

  1. Teal and red look nice I think. As well as forest/dark green and bright pink (if you like bright pink).
    Disclaimer: I'm terrible at making outfits go together, so I'm not the best judge of colors. Mom and Mari are always telling me to go change b/c of that. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. Teal and red do look nice, although I probably won't use that simply because I don't like red. I only have one blanket in my shop out of over 70 that has red in it, and it's red white and blue. But I do like the dark green and bright pink idea. And I L O V E bright pink. I use it ALL the time. Thanks for the suggestions Sam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a lot of request for pink and gray working on a ripple blanket in those colors right now

    ReplyDelete