Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Etsy Talk

So I'm finally cutting down on the amount of blankets to make. I'm a little sad, because in the last 2 weeks I've only sold 2 blankets, but I am grateful to not have so many to make. I have a couple custom orders to make, 4 for one of Dad's realtors that he works with, (He bought 4 awhile ago, then decided he didn't like them, so is trading them) and a blanket to make that is going to Hawaii! 

One of the coolest things about this business is knowing that stuff that I've put so much time and effort into are being used by babies all over the world. :) It's a really cool feeling. I've shipped to Qatar, Australia (several times), New Zealand, France, Canada more times than I can count, and tons of other places, it's really pretty cool. I'm so glad I decided to start shipping internationally. 

I finished 2 blankets today, which made me pretty happy. One was close to being done, but it's still a good feeling to finish it. And now I'm starting on a third. A lot of people need them by a certain time, so unfortunately I'm having to move some people up to get them to them on time. I feel bad for making other people wait, but what can I do? If someone needs it for a baby shower, it can't be late. I've been having a lot of people ask when their blankets are going to be shipped. Thankfully pretty much everyone is so  nice about it, and completely understand.

I did have one customer today, that asked me, and was pretty rude about it. Even thought I made it very clear to them when they purchased that it was going to be awhile, (that was 3 weeks ago) they were very rude and said that they didn't appreciate having to wait almost a month. I replied and said as carefully as I can, that I have 15 + blankets to make at any given time, and I'm having to make pretty much a blanket every day to keep up. I tried to be very professional with her, and tell her that I don't mess around, that I crochet every spare minute I get, and that I had other people ahead of her that I need to take into consideration. And then I didn't say this, but there's also the fact that I have 6 siblings, I'm still in high school, and to get pretty much all my colors I have to drive 90 miles. Do you think I handled it well? I'm not used to having people be rude with me. Most people are so nice and tell me that it's fine, and whenever I can get it will be perfect. It's a little unnerving. 

Ok,  I'm done now. I have one more question though. Does it bother you all when I talk about my blankets? I'm sure it probably bores some people. It just means a lot to me, so I like to talk about it. What are your opinions?

4 comments:

  1. Kayla! Of course I love hearing about your blankets! I have told friends about your business before and they are always shocked and impressed that a 16 year old would have that kind of initiative and know-how. You inspire me, girl!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. You're so sweet Rachel!!!!! Thanks. :) That means a lot. :) And your singing inspires me... So ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, Kayla, I really enjoy hearing about your blankets. It makes people realize how much work goes into putting one blanket together! :)

    ReplyDelete