Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

My First Post!!!


Welcome all, to Kayla's Korner! This blog is my attempt to share some of my thoughts, pictures, things that I've been making or thinking about, and just our crazy life! I hope you enjoy!

So, let's start out with a little bit about me. I'm a 13 year old girl who's been working with my family for almost 4 years restoring a house in a small town in Arizona. It had been gutted because of water damage. Yes, that's right. Gutted, no walls, no ceiling, and dirt for a floor. Not to mention the fact that EVERYTHING in the house is crooked. Yes, everything.But, we're almost done, and we've even started moving in! The only thing we need now is kitchen cabinet doors so that we can store food there without it getting dust all over it.At the farm, it is windy ALL the time. Constantly. Almost never stops. So, the house gets a new layer of dust every day. But, we're getting there.

I have 5 siblings. Jonathan is 12, and likes leather working. Hannah is 10, and LOVES horses. Sarah is 6, and she is going to be such a good mother when she grows up. (you can tell by the way she plays with her baby dolls) David is 5, and is the cutest little boy I've ever met, and says the funniest things. And Annabeth is 3. She is such a cutie and is so loveable.
My Dad owns a pest control company, and does termite inspections. It's kind of freaky. It's as if he has a 6th sense. He could literally tell that there were termites in the house if he was sitting in his truck out on the street.

Mom stays at home and takes care of us, and she does a lot of sewing and quilting. She's also in the process of starting an Herbalife business. (Herbalife sells health and wellness products) She's the best mom in the world and I couldn't imagine life without her.

I like to crochet, knit, bake, cook, sing, play my violin and piano, and a lot of things! I'm trying to start a business selling blankets on Etsy, which is a website where people can sell homemade things.

So, you can see I have a pretty crazy life!

So, let's start with what happened today.



David, Sarah and Hannah decided that it was time to give the bathroom a good cleaning. Isn't David so cute?!



Momma working on a quilt.




Also, I've been working on something for Annabeth. I think it's so cute!

Isn't it adorable! She's so excited. She absolutely LOVES Minnie Mouse, so she was jumping up and down when she saw this.


This is Serina, our dog. Sorry that you can't really see her very much. We've always had black dogs. I don't know why.

This is a picture of my bunny Thumper. I couldn't get him to turn around for the picture.






Well, that's all for today! Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think!

Kayla









































4 comments:

  1. Hi kayla,

    It is your sis Hannah. I love your first post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla!! What a great blog! I can't wait to follow your posts and see what you write! It will be fun to see a bit of your life in pictures.

    Thanks for letting me know about it!! Welcome to "blogging land"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's what I think.....
    1. I like the way you write.
    2. I'm like following your family's life like this.
    3. David IS cute!
    4. I think you should put a widget on your blog that will send me an email whenever you post something new
    5. I like your whole family but especially your mom.
    6. I think you should all move to Alaska and come build a house on our land and all the kids can play together every day and I'll buy Herbalife from your mom so she'll like me.
    7. Your mom looks skinny in her quilt picture.
    8. We miss your family a LOT!

    Thanks for inviting me to your blog!!! Have fun with it!

    Mrs. H

    ReplyDelete