Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

This has been the best two days ever!

Like the title says, this has been the BEST two days ever. Ok. So yesterday all of us kids were in the kitchen dipping strawberries in chocolate. Mom was outside talking to Dad on the phone. She walks in with the camera in one hand and the phone in another. She tells Dad, who is on speaker phone, to go ahead. Dad said, "So, do all of you know what Lego Land is?" Some people say yes, some say no. So Dad said, "Its a place with a LOT of Legos." (hence the name LEGO land) "Well, we're going to try and go there." So everybody starts jumping up and down, screaming. I wouldn't be surprised if Dad was holding his phone 2 feet away from his head. Then Mom said "Tell them what we're thinking of doing after that" "Well, after that we're going to go to Disney Land, and Sea World, and after that we're going to try and go up to the cabin in the White Mountains for a few days" (In August of 2009 we went with our grandparents to a cabin up in the White Mountains for a few days, and had a blast!) By this time I bet the whole neighborhood could hear us, we were so loud. We decided that this Saturday morning, we're going to leave really early in the morning. We're going to drive to San Diego and on Saturday afternoon go to the beach. On Sunday we'll go to Sea World and later drive to Anaheim. On Monday morning we'll go to Disney Land, then we'll go to Knottsberry Farm on Tuesday. We were going to to to Lego Land, but for some reason we're not. After that  we'll drive from Anaheim through Phoenix to the White Mountains on Wednesday. It'll be really nice going to the cabin after such a busy few days. It's so peaceful. There's a lake just a few miles away where you can just sit and fish for hours. It's a huge lake with pine trees all around it. It's just gorgeous. We'll probably stay there until Saturday afternoon, then drive home. It was such a shock. I NEVER thought we would go do something like this. It's not the kind of vacation we would normally go on. But Daddy wanted to go, so we're going!

So, right after we found out, my Nana came to pick me up to take me to their house for a sleepover. I love it when we go to their house. We did a lot of shopping, went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner, and then we went to Wal-mart and I got a new pair of sandals, which I've been needing for a REALLY long time. I've broken 2 pairs of shoes playing at church. So they were greatly needed. Every time I have a sleepover, I talk to Mom in the morning, and she gave me even MORE news. Last night, I sold a blanket on Etsy! So my nice, bright pink blanket is gone. But it's ok. That's the third blanket I've sold this year.

So, how's that for an exciting couple of days? I'll be posting a LOT over the next week-and-a-half. So check back regularly.

Kayla

6 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOOO excited for you guys!!!! I bet you are going to have an amazing time. We love Sea World and Disneyland is great too. And the beach? You're going to love it. Hooray for the Cameron family!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kayla! Sounds like you'll have a busy weekend! Hope you have a GREAT time. Take pictures - :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aunt Lori. See you in June!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rachel. Don't worry. I'll take LOTS of pictures.

    Kayla

    P.S. Happy late Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I left you a comment here the other day but it disappeared!!!

    I'm so excited for your family!!! You are all going to have a wonderful time. Sea World is my favorite, and Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm are great!! I think I'm like your dad and would really enjoy some relaxing time in the cabin though!

    Have a great time!!! See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Aunt Lori. I saw your first comment right after you posted it, but the next morning Blogger had some problems so all the comments from that post were deleted. We're here in San Diego and are having a great time. We already went to the beach and walked along Mission Beach for a long time collecting seashells.

    Thanks again!
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete